March 12, 2018
Week Ahead 3/12/18-3/18/18
Good Morning Tiburones
In this installment of the Week Ahead.
- Program News:
- Practice News:
- Facility News:
- Meet News:
- Booster News:
- Additional Information:
- Countdown to Champs
A reminder that all previous Week Ahead & Wednesday Wisdoms can be found in the NEWS section of the website.
Follow Us on instagram, twitter and facebook
TIBU Spring Break:
- No practices during TIBU Spring Break
- TIBU Class of 2018: 4th and final request for Senior Bios.
- Summer Prep Registration will open April 1st
- 2018-2019 Promotion Letters will begin being sent out in April
- Sunday 3/18/18: All Practices are cancelled due to the swim meet
MC Spring Break: College will be closed on March 15 &
- No Practices at Montgomery College
3/15: PVS 14 & Under Champs (JO’s)
- Meet Page Updated
3/22: Speedo Sectionals Meet:
- Open to all swimmers that meet the qualifying standard
3/23: 20th Spring Champs Meet:
- Meet Page updated
- Open to all TIBU swimmers: Please see participation rules.
Please read the event rules prior to enrolling. If you have questions please contact Coach Nathan or Jorge.
Abuela's Swim- A Swim for ALS! Since the Fall of 2009, TIBU and the TIBU Boosters have held or participated in a fundraiser to help find a cure for ALS in honor of Coach Jorge's mother and Ava's and Catherine's Abuela, Mercedes Silva. This year we are holding our 7th Abuela's Swim - A Swim for ALS! at Montgomery College Rockville on Each swimmer raises “pledges per lap” and then participates in Abuela's Swim. During Abuela's Swim we also hold a Silent Auction. We are looking for Sponsors (Gold, Silver and Bronze) and Donors for Abuela's Swim and Silent Auction. During the Silent Auction, we also have themed baskets from the swim groups. If you or someone you know would like to be a sponsor or donate towards the Silent Auction, please email the TIBU Boosters (firstname.lastname@example.org). Check the forms out under Abuela's Swim. We are a non-profit organization. Tax deduction forms are also under Abuela's Swim. Funds raised go to support research at the Packard Center for ALS Research and to a local Montgomery County family whose lives have been affected by ALS. Through the hard work of TIBU parents, coaches and swimmers, the team has raised over $68,600 to date! Come join us in finding a cure for ALS!
Registration for Abuela's Swim is open! All swimmers who register to swim Abuela's Swim by registration form and pledge sheet are attached. Swimmers who raise $25 or more receive a t-shirt. will receive a bag tag. Cost to register is $10 per swimmer. The
Swim Group Baskets for the Silent Auction: Each year, the different swim groups donate a themed basket to be auctioned off at the Silent Auction. Lori Forcey is the Overall Basket Coordinator. The below people have volunteered to coordinate the basket for their swim group(s). Stay tuned for emails from them.
- Azul & Celeste Plus - Theme: Wine Lovers Basket - Dorothy Herman
- HSP -Theme: Gift Cards Galore! - Paulette Gaynor
- Celeste - Lori Forcey
- Verde - Mary Jane Kissel
- Stroke Clinic/Advanced Clinic/Junior Development - TBD
Team Gear: Magnets, T-Shirts & Caps: Email the office to order.
Cassel’s Team Store: Ordered items will start being fulfilled in Marc
- 3/15: MC-Rockville Closed
- 3/16: MC-Germantown Closed
- 3/29-4/6: TIBU Spring Break
- 4/21/18: Abuela’s Swim
COUNTDOWN TO CHAMPS
- 14 & Under JO Championship: 4 Days
- Spring Champs: 15 Days
- Sectionals: 15 Days