March 21, 2018
2018 GCY Long Course Meet Schedule
GCY's long course schedule is below!
Team, there are A LOT of meets on the full schedule, it is not our intention that you do ALL of these meets OR max out every month, but rather choose most appropriate based on skill level and descriptions, and your availability. We have put our annual travel trip on the schedule (All 11&Up, 10&unders may travel with parents), as well as various Open Water Meets, and various high performance meets where just a few of our swimmers are eligible.
Here are our high priority meets for all swimmers:
- April 8 - GCY LCM Time Trials
- April 21 - GCY Spring Fling
- May – Choose either Meet on the Hill (if qualified) or Mother May I, then may choose Black Heritage Meet, which ALL Makos are eligible for and would serve as your last meet for the season (Sept-May). We have also added 2 open water meets, USA Open Water National Champs (2 GCY swimmers have been invited/selected/have standards) and the 17th Annual Low Country Splash in Charleston, SC. GCY has never done this as a team BUT so many of our families have and rave about it, so we added it (details posted)!
- June 8-10 Sprint & Distance
- 2nd Meet in June can be Atlanta Trip OR Charlotte Ultraswim, and/or Eastern Invitational.
- July Championship Meet (the ones you qualify for and/or Tar Heel StatesSr Champs, all are eligible for Tar Heel States)
- LATE July/Aug Meet - Choose YMCA Nationals, AG Zones, or Juniors if qualified!
The schedule starts right away with two meets in April.
Makos and Homeschool: Your session ends May 25th, with last meet opportunity the Black Heritage Meet in Cary, NC. Remember you are still eligible to compete in two of the long course meets listed, April 8th and April 21st. All other meets are for USA Swimming members only, if any swimmer in Makos (or homeschool) wishes to move up to our USA team for the summer (AG, SP, NP, S, N1, and N2) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Swimmers, here’s a chart on our
- April: No more than 2 meets (both GCY meets or one and Carolina Crown if invited)
- May: No more than 2 meets (or additonal open water)
- June: No more than 2 meets one of which is GCY Sprint Distance (or additonal open water)
- July/Aug: 2 Champs Meets other than City Meet (unless qualifying for a 3rd meet either YNATS, ZONES, or JUNIORS)
Here is the FULL schedule:
Practice schedule will be released shortly, but practices stay normal through June 8th (May 25th is last day for Makos/Homeschool)