March 29, 2018
The 2018 14 & Under South West Age Group Regional meet is in the books! We had 8 TTST swimmers qualify and attend this year’s meet. It was beautiful weather, and a fast 3 days of swimming in Clovis, CA.
Honor Board: We had 8 swimmers attend, and there were 2 TTST SCY all-time records set, and 9 new season leader board times posted .
- Calissa Kissinger: Personal bests in 50 Free going :28.46, 100 Free going 1:02, and 50 Back :34
- Claudia Carlsson: Personal bests in 50 Fly going :30 (Season Leading Time), and 500 Free going 5:46 (Season Leading Time)
- Ryan Williams: Personal best times in the 100 Bk 1:02, 200 Back 2:15 (Season Leading Time), 50 Free :26, 100 Free :56, and 200 Free 2:05
- Riley Madigan: Personal best times in the 100 Bk 1:04, and 100 Fly 1:05
- Brooke Saathoff: Personal best times in the 100 Bk 1:04, 200 Free 2:08, and 100 Free :57
- Kaleb Query: Came down for a great experience at a new pool in the 50 Free!
Swimmer of the Meet: Emma Purdy. Emma broke 2 new 13 – 14 Girls TTST all-time records in the 50 Free :24.94, and the 100 Backstroke 1:00.69. She posted a new personal best in her 200 Free, and split a :26 in her 50 Fly on a relay. She had an outstanding meet. Emma and Alyssa Hynes tied for Swimmer of the Meet at the 2018 SWAGR championships.
Swimmer of the Meet: Alyssa Hynes. Alyssa wins her second meet in a row, she posted outstanding performances in all of her events. In the 200 Breaststroke she dropped from a 2:40 to a 2:35 qualifying for her first SR Western Zones Time! She went :27 in her 50 Free, broke a minute in the 100 Free, and went 2:08 in the 200 Free. What a year Alyssa, keep it up through LCM season!
Every swimmer that attended did have a best time to report. It was another great showing for TTST. USA swimming does a Virtual Club Championship scoring for age group programs. It takes all your top 2 age group times and arrives at a cumulative score from their Power Points added together. After SWAGR TTST is at our highest VCC score for at least the last 4 years and an 83% improvement in the last year with 60,000 points.
Our 2018 Short Course Club season has come to an end. The first Long Course Club season meet is April 20th in Folsom. We have 33 swimmers entered. The meet is nearly full with a few days already closed to 12 & Under swimmers. All entries can still be done individually at Swim Connection if you still want to join.
Thank you to, our parents for timing, and supporting their swimmers attending the 2018 SWAGR Championships!