April 7, 2018
2018 YMCA National Championships - GCY Day 4 Updates!
Day 4 of YMCA Nationals had just 1 Mako making it back for finals, Ethan Knorr in the 200 IM (1:53.12) but saw a bunch of fast swims heading into our final day! Ethan incidently is 4/4 in making it back to finals - he is ALREADY back to A finals for Saturday's mile swim!
Here are the best times of the day:
- Craig Herndon 50 Free, Old Best 21.65 new best 21.48 * Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- Piper Burton 200 IM, Old Best 2:11.01 new best 2:09.07 * Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- Caroline Cross 50 Free, Old Best 26.30, new best * Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals! (previous day 200 Free)
- Alaina Joyce 50 Free, Old Best 25.86, new best 25.39 * Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- McKenzie Campbell 50 Free, Old Best 25.29 new best 24.76 * Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- Katie Fritz 50 Free, Old Best 25.02 new best 24.82 * Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- Jennings Lin 50 Free, Old Best 25.93, new best 25.41
- Robert Tars 50 Free, Old Best 22.48, new best 22.40
There are so many swims, if we missed anything swimmers PLEASE let me know!
Here are a few more pictures from the week, didn't take as many yesterday so send our way parents if you have any!
Several of the kids here at YMCA Nationals knew, swam with, or are even related to Nick Dworet, one of the Florida shooting victims who was a national level swimmer committed to U of Indy, where GCY's Alaina Joyce is attending...the swimmers made this cool tribute and we are keeping Nick's spirit in our swims this week!
GCY's Craig Herndon, Ethan Knorr, and Brandon Van Der Linden preparing with 200 medley relay swimmers waiting on the sizzling fast Robert Tars backstroke leg!
A much better picture of prior day's awesome 200 Free Relay!
Caught these 3 again, thinking they are really hooked on their phones!