April 8, 2018
2018 YMCA National Championships - GCY Day 5 Updates!
Day 5 of YMCA Nationals had 3 GCY Makos making the podium, including 7th place overall with Ethan Knorr's mile, a winner of the B finals with McKenzie's new lifetime best and team record in the 200 fly, and 14-year old phenom Emily Knorr's 12th place finish in the mile!
Here are those podium results:
- Emily Knorr, 1650 freestyle, 12th Place 17:09.61
- Ethan Knorr, 1650 freestyle, 7th Place 15:42.19
- McKenzie Campbell, 200 Butterfly, 9th Place 2:00.75 * New team record
Here are some BEST TIME results we had earlier today:
- Boy's 400 Medley Relay - Robert Tars, Craig Herndon, Ethan Knorr, and Brandon Van Der Linden 3:34.01 *Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- Katie Knorr, 200 butterfly, Old Best 2:21.99, New Best 2:18.26
- Jennings Lin, 100 Freestyle, Old Best 55.32, New Best 55.06 *Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- Virginia Gilliland, 100 Freestyle, Old Best 55.48, New Best 55.10 *Heat Winner at YMCA Nationals!
- Katie Fritz, 100 Freestyle, Old Best 55.73, New Best 55.33 (Virginia and Katie went 1-2 in their heat)
And here are the 20 swimmers who represented us so well at YMCA Nationals - proud of each one!
|Cross, Caroline||Harshaw, Anna||Burton, Piper||Pinnix, Omega|
|Fritz, Katelyn||Herndon, Craig||Campbell, McKenzie||Tars, Robert|
|Kwon, Kyle||Joyce, Alaina||Gesse, Elizabeth||Van der Linden, Brandon|
|Lin, Jennings||Knorr, Emily||Gilliland, Virginia||White, Alexandra|
|Wilson, Peyton||Knorr, Ethan||Ally, Emily||Knorr, Kathryn|
Here are some pictures from today: