April 16, 2018
Welcome back team! Hopefully everyone is rested, rejuvenated, and ready to rumble as we get very close to the start of our meet season! Jet lagged folks should read the below over a couple of times, as the information contained includes calls to 'administrative' action! If you aren't jet-lagged, a once through read should be enough...for most.
Movie Night for 8 & Unders and Tadpoles Saturday, April 21st 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fun, Tidalwaves is # 1! Oh, but our swimmers are so much more creative than that! Our coaches will be helping to get the creative juices flowing and explaining the cash prize incentives to the swimmers, but for us parents: It's coming up quick and our event planners are dying to know if you are coming! Oh, and have you heard? We'll have GLUTEN FREE pizza available for anyone who wants to order it in advance! You'll see this option on the fee section of the registration form. Please let us know how many in your party want to eat this kind of pizza. Click here to register NOW for this fun event. Click here for more information about the event. $8.50/person if you order online, $10/person if you wait to pay at the door. But even if money is no object, we'd still like to know in advance if at all possible so that we order the right amount of pizza! Also, remember this is where you pick up your T & B Sports Team Gear orders.
The Lap-A-Thon Fundraising Has Begun!
When's the fun? This MAY 14th Event is fun from start to finish! It has MUSIC, snacks, goodies and raffle prizes almost every 5 minutes throughout! Prizes include gift cards to Jamba Juice, Mags, and Starbucks! For the kids in each practice group that raise the most money: Coach for the Day! More importantly, for the practice group with the MOST PARTICIPATION, a PIZZA PARTY, plus bragging rights!
The 2018 Tidalwaves' Time Trials (April 28th, 2018) swim meet is just around the corner and we are asking that you login by the registration deadline of Wednesday, April 25th, to:
1) Declare your swimmer(s) stroke choices if they will be attending. OR,
2) Declare your swimmer(s) will NOT be able to attend the meet. That is, will be DECLINING the meet.
A few important notes:
- We assume EVERY team member is participating unless you declare otherwise.
- Tadpoles do not swim in the meets and do not need to declare (they've already been declined).
- High School Swimmers are eligible to swim at Time Trials, and we'd love to have them participate! Please encourage your high school friends to register for the team soon so that we can invite them to the Time Trials meet.
- If your child cannot attend Time Trials, don't panic. Swimmers can go into their first meet with an 'NT' or No Time. The NT will just place them in one of the final heats.
- There are no relays for time trials and no ribbons--just good practice (for swimmers AND volunteers).
- Warm Ups start at 10:00am and the meet starts promptly at 10:30. More meet day logistics in next week's e-mail.
- All other home meets have been set-up and are available on the website if you would like to log meet day conflicts (e.g., can only swim first half of meet or second half, etc.) or decline the meet. These will not be 'due' until the Wednesday before each meet, but some people like to get them all out of the way at one time.
- Away meets are set up by the hosting team. Only one has been set up for us so far, but the rest should be available for logging declines soon. We will let everyone know when they are available.
Session 1 of Terrific Twenty Ends on Friday, April 20th
For all those who are working towards this tremendous goal, just a heads up that the first period finishes this week! Prizes will be awarded Tuesday and/or Wednesday of next week. The next Terrific Twenty session starts on Monday! Remember, to get better it takes practice, practice, practice!!