April 18, 2018
Meet Schedule and Notes
- Top Cup Long Course, May 11-13th (10 and
- Qualifying meet, read meet package for standards and check with your group coach is you are unsure your swimmer qualifies
- Top Cup Short Course, May 12-13th (10 and
- No Time Standard
- NYAC, May 11-13th (11 and over only)
- This is the last meet to qualify for Regionals.
- SCAR, May 25-27th
- Qualifying meet, intended for any swimmers looking to qualify for Festivals or Provincials prior to attending LC Regionals the following weekend.
- Not a Regional qualifying meet as the entry deadline will have passed
- Speak to your group coach if you are unsure if you should attend.
- LC Regionals, June 1-3rd
- LC Regionals has moved to the June 1st-3rd weekend.
- Time standards have been released and are posted on the website
under Swimmer->Time Standards.
- 12 and under standards have stayed the same, 13 and over standards were made faster
- 50 Fly, Back and Breast time standards cannot be swum as qualifiers. Only 50 Free.
- Full Heats and Finals Friday and Saturday as 50Fr, 100’s, 200’s, 400 IM/FR. Sunday is timed finals for distance and stroke 50’s (800/1500 and 50Fl/Bk/Br) . Plan travel and hotel bookings accordingly.
- LC Festivals, June 15-17th
- Standards have been recently updated to fix a few errors. To view Festival standards please click under Swimmers -> Time Standards -> 2018 Festival
- LC ‘A’ Provincials, June 28-July
- Standards have been recently updated to fix a few errors. To view Festival standards please click under Swimmers -> Time Standards -> 2018 Prov. A
- LC ‘AA’ Provincials, June 28-July
- We will be sending a group to Prov. AA's as well as A's this Summer. We would encourage all swimmers with A times to attend A Prov., while those with AA to strive to achieve A times at AA Provincials.
- Masters Provincials, May 4-6
- EBC pool time will be cancelled Friday evening and Saturday morning. A schedule has been released to move Friday and Saturday EBC groups to ARC.
- Volunteers will be needed to help out with Masters Prov. meet. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to participate.
- Victoria Day, Monday, May 21st
- HP, Senior Black, Provincial Black and Junior Black will plan to run as normal. All other groups will be off unless notified by their group coach.
- Last Day of Practice
- Regular season will conclude Thursday, May 31st.
- Festivals / Provincials Schedule
- Those continuing on after Regionals will have a modified training schedule starting June 4-14th for Festival swimmers and until June 27th for Provincial swimmers. Full schedule will be sent and posted at a later date.
- Fun Run, May 30th (Team Event)
- We encourage all swimmers to participate in our annual team event by signing up on our website.
- Tryouts, June 6th (Tentative)
- Sign-up will be released on barrieswimming.ca at a later date.
- Year End Banquet, June 19th (Tentative)
- Meet Entry Process
- The recent Otters meet had a last minute schedule change that provided some extra challenges with entries and caused some unwanted billing complications (i.e., swimmers having events on days they originally requested not to attend).
- For future reference, we ask that if anyone has difficulty declining sessions or notices events on days they cannot attend to please contact their group coach immediately to be removed.
- We would also encourage swimmers to review entries a week out from the meet to double check nothing has changed.
If you have any comments or questions regarding what's written above please contact your group coach for more detail or set up a time to meet in person.