April 23, 2018
Hi Shark Families – Some important updates and reminders as the season fast approaches.
Also, please encourage your friends to sign up soon, so they can be added to the communication emails asap.
2) Coach Update:I am pleased to announce this year’s Seminole coaching staff:
- Head Coach: Jo Jekel
- 13-up: Taylor Jackson
- 11-12: Jo Jekel
- 9-10: Erik Wickstrom, Julia VerVoort
- 8-under & Shark Bites: Carrie Snodgrass, Sammy Seymour, Joe Culver and Jacob Wellnitz
- Stroke Coach: Logan Samuelson
- Dive Coach: Trevor Sisson
2) Apparel -
Our suit/clothing fit night is TOMORROW, 4/24, 4-7 p.m., at Simply Swimming in Middleton. Items can also be purchased online (deadline May 16th). More info in Louisa’s news item from last week, found here.
Start shopping now!:
3) Volunteering: The volunteer sign-up for meets will become available June 1. An email will be sent to notify you.
4) Show your support:
- Mark your calendar! We have our first SEM sponsor night, at MOD Pizza on Wed., May 9th, all day long. 20% of their proceeds will go to our team that day. Thank you, MOD Pizza!
- Meet sponsorships are still available! New this year, we
are offering a unique sponsorship opportunity at our home meets.
This is a great chance for your business to get exposure to
literally hundreds of home and visiting swim
families. For the cost of $500, sponsors will receive the
- Logo and live link on our Team Unify site for the entire season
- Space to hang a banner at all home swim meets.
- Logo on the heat sheets of all home swim meets.
Please contact me if you’d like to learn more.
5) Schedule additions: We have added two “non-conference” meets to our calendar:
- High Point (12 & Under only)
Thursday, June 21Wed, June 20
- Nakoma (Swim AND Dive Invitational: Sunday, July 15
(These meets accept limited entries and require an additional entry fee. More information will be made available when sign-up opens.)
6) Important Dates:
- · Swim/Dive Meets: Full Schedule here
- · May 9: MOD pizza fundraiser
- · May 31: Kick-off pizza party
- · June 1: Volunteer sign-up opens
- · July 11: Noah’s Ark
- · July 23-28: All-City Week
As always, don't hesitate to reach out with questions.