April 23, 2018
MONDAY MESSAGE FROM YOUR AQUAHAWG COACHES FOR April 23, 2018
PRACTICE SCHEDULE THIS WEEK: Regular practice for all groups Monday – Sunday.
LONG COURSE OPENER BY THE NUMBERS:
- 2610 – total individual swims at the meet
- 437 – athletes at the meet
- 12 – teams represented from Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma
- 48 – AquaHawgs who had personal best times
- 219 – personal best times by our athletes
- 896 – volunteer hours worked on deck Saturday and Sunday
- 160 – volunteers who ran the meet (parents, grandparents, and family friends)
- 6 – families who filled 6 volunteer positions during all 3 sessions
- 16 – gourmet pizzas donated by MJ Pizzeria for officials on Sundays at all of our meets – if you’re interested in feasting with the officials at meets, please reply to this email and we will get you info on how to become an official!
- 2 – Meet Directors who volunteered tirelessly many hours before and during the meet to make it successful for our coaches, visiting teams, parents, officials, and athletes. They do this for every meet, all through the year, and still take care of their families and work day jobs. When you see Shelly and Melanie, please thank them for their hard work!
This year’s Long Course Opener is the largest meet ever hosted by our team, and it’s one of the largest ever in the state. As you can see by the numbers above, we don't log 896 volunteer hours in 2 days without a LOT of parent participation. To all our parents who worked, THANK YOU!
TEAM BANQUET: Our team banquet will be held Sunday, May 20th, 2-4 p.m., at Metro Appliances and More. This will be a fun time for all swimmers and parents as we recognize athletes from each practice group for accomplishments this past year. Mark your calendars now and watch for more information!
LRAD SPRING SPLASH: We must have a minimum of 20 swimmers committed to this meet in Little Rock May 4-6. Deadline to commit is tomorrow, so please make your commitment now if you would like to attend.
MAY BILLING – May billing will run 5/1. Please preview your account activity by logging in to your account and visiting My Account > My Invoice/Payment on the left side of the homepage. Update your credit card information if any information has changed. Please contact Amy May with any changes to your billing. Changes submitted May 1 or later will be effective June 1.