April 27, 2018
Good Evening Team! Check out the news for the week…
Mon-Thur: Normal Practices
Friday, May 4: Mini Meet - Seniors practice 3:15-5pm, ALL groups swim meet 5:00 to roughly 7pm.
- CUSTOM SILICONE CAP ORDERS: Durable silicone caps. Logo only $12. Personalized $15. ORDERS DUE TONIGHT. MONEY DUE BY THE END OF PRACTICE ON MONDAY or your cap order will not be placed.
- SwimOutlet.com: We have a store to place orders for practice suits & accessories. RFSC gets a percentage of each order placed! Be sure to go through this link. NO ORDER DEADLINES!
- Mini-Meet Friday, May 4: Every swimmer needs to declare on the website if you plan to be at the meet on May 4 from 5-7pm or not. Deadline is Wednesday May 2.
- RFSC Home Meet May 19: We will host our home meet on Saturday, May 19. Warm-ups will start at 9am. The meet will start at 10am. Sign-up & volunteer info for this have gone out. Please see more details below.
- OMNI June 2-3: Sign-up is open for the meet in Oakdale. PLEASE NOTE!!! There are 4 identical sessions to this meet. RFSC will be attending day 1, session 2 (Saturday afternoon). Please ONLY sign up for events in the 200s. Deadline in May 4.
- ASF June 9-10: We will be attending a meet in Austin, MN. We are looking to have a lot of swimmers attend this. We hope to get a block of rooms at a local hotel, go out for dinner as a group, and just have some fun. Please mark this on your calendars and plan to join us for a great team outing! **IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING AND SPENDING THE NIGHT, PLEASE SEND BRENDA AN EMAIL SO I KNOW ROUGHLY HOW MANY ROOMS TO TRY TO RESERVE.
RFSC HOME MEET INFO & VOLUNTEERING DETAILS
Our home meet is on Sat, May 19. We encourage all swimmers to consider swimming this meet. Here are some important details regarding the meet.
- Please read the details on the meet event page on the website as well as the meet info attachment at the bottom of the page. This gives important details about fees, times, etc.
- Sign up is on the website. You were emailed in invite to let us know if you will compete or not and how to declare.
- For those who know they are going swim - get signed up!
- For those not sure what to swim, your coaches are happy to pick your events. Please indicate this in the "Notes" box on the declaration page.
- If you know you will not be competing, please go in and decline attendance. This really does help us.
The volunteering has been opened with an email that went out a couple days ago. This is our major fundraiser & volunteering opportunity this session. As a reminder… If you are only participating in the spring session, you only need to complete one point of time. If you are signed up for the full session, you need to complete 2 points.
- Log in to your account, go to the swim meets page, select our meet and the "Job Sign Up" button.
- Please read descriptions carefully!
- Only ONE person per line of sign up. If two people from your family are signing to work a position, you MUST select two spots to receive credit.
- Volunteering can be done by parent, responsible children middle school and older, family, friends, or see if you can work out a deal with another swim family. Youth positions are indicated.
- The time frames for the volunteer spots are all estimates right now. Once we have entries in from guest teams, we will be able to create a more accurate timeline. This comes out the week of our meet.
Hosting swim meets is a huge fundraiser for us and brings in more financially than most other fundraiser programs that would have you going out and selling things to family & friends (or just buying a bunch of things on your own that you don't want!) Hosting a swim meet also takes A LOT of volunteers to run a smooth & successful meet.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Brenda K. Derks
River Falls Swim Club Admin