April 30, 2018
- Parents Meeting tonight at 6:30 pm at the Murray Library. The meeting is to discuss the summer meet schedule and review our upcoming team travel trip to the Utah Summer Games on June 21-23, 2018. If you need to know what meets to attend this summer, then come. Since, only 7 people have told me they will be attending, the meeting will still be held in the Murray Library.
- We still need many volunteers to help pull off another great meet on Saturday. To volunteer, click on the job sign up button under the MAC Developmental Meet. The meet starts at Noon with warm ups and the first event begins at 12:45. We are expecting the meet to last 2.5 hours.
- Monday 4/30- workout as usual. Parents meeting at 6:30 pm in the Murray Library
- Tuesday 5/1- workout as usual.
- Wednesday 5/2 – workout as usual
- Thursday 5/3- workout as usual
- Friday 5/4- workout as usual
- Saturday 5/5- NO Practice. Home Swim Meet. Warm ups begin at 12 Noon.
- Looking ahead NO PRACTICE on May 8, due to another water polo game
Upcoming this month-
- The registration and PAYMENT deadline for our May 5th Meet was April 27th. There are 47 swimmers entered in the meet and at the registration deadline, only 12 of the 47 people had paid. If you have not paid, please get the fees in tonight, by 6 pm.
- The registration deadline for the Kearns LC Classic meet being held on May 23-24 is May 1st. That is tomorrow!!! All of the swimmers from the GOLD team are expected to attend, and the rest of the team should attend. The meet fills up quickly, and it is a great, competitive meet for all swimmers. Get your entries in NOW!
- The registration deadline for the CHAT Non-Qualifier and CHAT Mini Meet are due on May 7th. This deadline has been extended from the previous date of May 1st.
Upcoming Swim Meets
Please see the long course schedule on our website for the complete list of upcoming meets!! The summer meets fill up quickly and the registration dates come up even faster. Please look over your calendar and plan accordingly.
MAC Developmental Meet 5/5/2018- This is a home meet and swum in the yard format. Swimmers may enter up to 4 events. We will need your parental support again to pull off another great meet. Please look over the job sign ups and volunteer to fill a position! The job sign up is next to the meet declaration under the swim meets section in our team website. This meet begins with warm ups at Noon and the first event starting at 12:45 pm, with approximately a 2.5 hour timeline.
Kearns LC Classic- May 23-24. This is a Wednesday and Thursday evening meet. All swimmers on the silver and gold team should attend. ENTRIES ARE DUE TODAY
CHAT Mini Meet- June 15th. Great meet for our newer and younger swimmers. The meet is held outdoors in a 25 yard format.
CHAT Non-Qualifier- June 16th. Excellent meet for anyone that has not achieved state times and is 12 and older. If you are not going to the Summer Games then you should attend this meet.
Utah Summer Games June 21-23. MAC’s first travel trip in years! The MAC team will be attending the Utah Summer Games in Cedar City. The team is subsidizing the trip to keep the cost as low as possible for each athlete. The cost of the trip is $125 and includes everything except a few meals. However, the $125 does not include the registration and/or entry fees for the meet. Athletes must register on the Utah Summer Games Website. The first 25 swimmers to sign up and bring payment will be registered. If we have more than 25 athletes wishing to attend, we will work on accommodating everyone. If you have questions, and would like further details, come to the parents meeting on Wednesday. We have an exciting trip planned, and we plan to take home a lot of medals!
All swimmers on the team must have their own fins. Swimmers on the silver team should also have paddles. All gold swimmers must have fins, paddles and a snorkel. If your child needs to order a snorkel, please let me know we have several colors to choose from at the pool. The cost is $32 payable to MAC. If you need to purchase fins, we have them for sale at the pool for $22. Please see Coach Dale
Team Suits- Team suits are available at Poco Loco in Midvale. They have a great selection and are in stock. Come get yours before the meet on Saturday. For the next couple of weeks Poco Loco will be open from 2:30-6 pm and on Saturday from 10 am till 6pm. Their number is 801-849-0928.
Team Officials- Please let the meet director know if you will be attending our May 5th meet.
In the Fall of 2018, we will be eliminating the Tuesday and Thursday Bronze practice times from 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30. In its place, the Tuesday and Thursday class will be from 6-7 pm only, and will be for the beginning and novice swimmers. The schedule will be as follows: starting September 1st 2018 for the Bronze team.
MWF 4:00-5:00 and 5:00-6:00
T and Th 6:00-7:00 pm (new and novice swimmers)
Looking ahead, The summer schedule will be as follows:
Bronze MWF 7-8 am and 8-9 am
Silver: M-F 7:00- 8:30 am & Saturday 7-9 am
Gold: M-F 7:00-9:00 am & Saturday 7-9 am and afternoon practice times TBA. Tentative schedule for pm: M & W 4:30-6:00 @ Murray 5:30-7:30 T& TH @ Kearns
Summer Team Party will be August 3rd 6:30-9:00 pm at the Murray Outdoor Pool.