May 1, 2018
Long Course is where its at!!
The Texas Terrapins got off to a great long course start with nearly 80% best times, with many swimmers placing in the top 8! The team cheer get louder and the swimmers get faster. Many swimmers lead from the beginning of each race, as we have been focusing on fast dolphin kicking!
Hard to succeed if you're not in the lead!!
- Triton Nguyen continued his dominance with 5 best times and 5 victories! He improved 12 sec in both the 100 breast and 200 IM
- Erin Ware was a perfect 100% in the best time department, she placed 6th in the 100 breast with the 2nd fastest time on the team!
- Jackson Dement showed that hard work does pay off, placing in 6 events, and hitting best times in the 100 fly, back, breast, and 50 free
- Breanna Nguyen was superb with 7 best times, placing in 4 events - great for the first meet - her 100 free & back, 400 free and 200 IM were sensational!
- Katie Webb - brand new to the team nailed 6 best times - awesome for the first meet of the season - welcome!!
- Ezequiel Imbern new to the Terrapins did his part to contribute to the best time department with several best times. His free, IM and breast will be huge assets to the team
- Emma Kinsey grabbed 5 best times and placed in 4 events - the 100 free and back were really outstanding!
- Joel Guajardo placed in 6 events and won the 100 breast, and was 3rd in the 200 IM, 400 free, and 100 fly
- Sarah Klussmann placed in the 50 fly and sped to 7 best times and huge drops in the 400 free, 200 IM, and 200 free
- Henry Hugele sped to 5 best times placing in both the 400 free and 100 back. His fly and breast are getting studly
- Bekah Lindblade continued to improve with 5 best times, and a 4 second improvement in the 100 fly
- Aaron Figgs another new Copper member sizzled to 100% best times, going bananas in the 100 fly, breast, back and 200 free - 30 seconds!!!
- Jacey continued her 100% best time barrage with enormous drops in the 400, 200 free, and 100 breast.
- Branston Bui was amazing with 100% best times winning the 50 breast, and 2nd in the 100. He dropped over 20 sec in the 200 IM and 400 free
- Anthony Corpuz dazzled the crowd with 100% best times and giant improvements in the 400 free, 200 IM and 100 free
- Kylie Blake now in the Copper group sped to 100% best times and huge improvements in the 400, 200, and 100 free
- Camillia Samson continued were she left off 7 best times and massive improvements in the 200 free, IM and 400 free.
- Aldercy Bui was pulverized the competition with 7 of 8 best times - big drops in the 400 free 17 sec, and the 200 free 9 sec
- Cooper Ulrich hit 100% best times, crushing the 100 free and 200 IM - he get tougher every meet
- Jonathan Ware placed in the 400 and 200 free, while grabbing best times in the 100 fly, breast and 50 free
- Nicholas Corpuz had 6 of 7 best times with absurd performances in the 400 free, 100 back and breast - his dolphin kicks were great!
- Alec Condo went crazy with best times and huge drops! 23 in the 400 free, 24 in the 100 fly, 16 in the 200 free
- Edgar Fernandez wasn't to be out done - 100% best times and greatness in the 400 free and 200 IM
- Hannah Zwerneman showed her toughness with best times in the 400 free and 100 breast
- Will Baker was masterful with best times in all events - his best the 100 back and breast
- Kyler Cao showed joined the party with best times in both the 100 breast and 200 free
- Canyon Nuendorfer had awesome swims in the 100 back and 100 free - he continues to get better
****Just a reminder -
- All long course meets are circle in to prevent extra heats and empty lanes. Make sure you get to meets early, or notify a coach to circle you in.
- Don't circle in another swimmer unless you are sure they are attending. If they don't show that is a fine!