May 4, 2018
The Natioanl YMCA Swimming Leadership Development Camp Info
The YMCA Swimming Leadership Development Camp is an opportunity for swimmers and coaches to further development their leadership, communication and decision-making skills. This year's camp will be October 11-14 in Orlando, FL and will include workshops, swim practices, community service and several pre- and post-camp assignments.
The YMCA Swimming Leadership Development Camp is a three-day camp opportunity for YMCA swimmers:
- high school juniors for 2018-19 School year
- have competed in the YMCA National Championship Meet
- already demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Participants are selected through and application process that includes a leadership essay, letters of recommendation, school transcript and community service experience.
- The camp consists of workshops, problem solving exercises, a community service activity and swimming training sessions.
More information may be found on the National YMCA Swimming and Diving website-
Please remember the June 1 application deadline. There are several supporting documents and letters that are submitted with the application itself. If you have questions, please contact Meredith Griffin.