May 14, 2018
Swim and Dive Team
Registration is OPEN for the Swim and Dive Team. You can sign your swimmers up here: Swim and Dive Team Registration
A few bits of information for those who are considering swim and dive but aren't sure...
- The season runs from the day after Memorial Day through July 11th
- Practice is offered 5 days a week but there is no attendance requirements. It's not uncommon for families to miss a week or two due to vacation and most swimmers end up attending 2-4 practices a week
- Swim Meets are Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Participation in two meets is required for Championships
- Dive Meets are Wednesday evenings. Participation in one meet is required for Championships
Here are a few of the benefits of youth swimming...
- Teaches important safety skills to prevent drowning, which is the second leading cause of unintentional injury death among youth
- Provides cardiovascular activity that promotes heart and lung health
- Very few injuries sustained from swimming when compared to other youth sports
- Improves stamina, flexibility, strength, balance and posture
We have two suit fittings scheduled..
Sunday, May 20th, from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Thursday, May 24th, from 6:30pm to 8:00pm (during the Dunsinane Open House)
We're fortunate to be able to use the Sporti Molecule suit again this year. Additional details on ordering suits are on the Suit Order page.
If you have any questions please contact Rick Guerin at email@example.com.