May 14, 2018
Here’s all the FAST news you need to know for the week of May 13:
(1) Sign Up for the Awards Banquet on May 24 – We have arranged to hold our annual spring awards banquet at McKinney Church (located at 4805 Arborlawn Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76109 – just north of 820 off Hulen) on Thursday, May 24. The banquet will be a potluck dinner with a Mexican food theme. Click HERE for all the event info. Please RSVP on the event info page so we can plan for numbers, and sign up to bring items for the potluck so that we can make this a fun event for our swimmers.
(2) Entries for this Weekend’s Meets are Posted – Swimmers going to the BB and under meet at Grapevine can find their entries HERE. Swimmers going to the AA and faster meet at Mansfield can find their entries HERE.
(3) Register and Volunteer for the BB/B/C Meet @FAST June 8 through 10 – We’re hosting our next meet right at the beginning of the summer. If you’ll be in town, please sign up to swim, and volunteer to get those hours in! Registrations are due by May 25 – register for the meet and sign up to volunteer HERE.
(4) San Antonio Meet Information is Now Available! -- The meet this year will run from June 21 through June 24. In addition to adding another full day of racing (the meet starts on Thursday morning), all swimmers need to have at least one “B” time to enter the meet. This is a really fun meet, and we hope to have a great showing there. Meet information, logistics, and the meet registration sign up are available HERE. Registrations are due by June 1.
(5) Order Your New FAST T-Shirts and Towels – Thanks to Suzanne Carlson for designing team towels and fantastic new T-shirts. If you’re going to the summer travel meet, please order some T-shirts, as we’d like for everyone (parents and swimmers) to have one of these new team T-shirts. And if you can’t go, order a T-Shirt anyway, just because they’re awesome. Click HERE for more information on the T-Shirts and the Google Docs order form. Orders are due by May 20.
And, have you seen the towels? They’re fantastic – silver logo on black, and hard to miss at the pool. There are just a few left – click HERE to see what they look like, and for information on ordering.
Questions about T-Shirts or towels? Contact Suzanne by email at Suzanne@StudioSuzelle.com.
(6) The Swim Store is Back! – Thanks to the mad organizational skills of Suzanne Carlson and a steady team of volunteers, the Swim Store will be back in action! Suzanne is coordinating with a team of volunteers to get the store open on Thursdays, and it will be open this Thursday in the lobby of WGAC from 5:30 to 7:00. If you haven’t seen the store in a while, it has a selection of swimming gear, as well as a wide variety of FAST-themed gear. Come check it out!
(7) TeamApp Communication Platform (Third Time’s a Charm!) – So, TeamSnap wasn’t great (and was pricey, as these things go), and OnDeck isn’t great for intra-team communications, so we’re giving TeamApp a try. Instructions for creating an account and linking to the coaching groups are available in the e-mail Ron sent out on April 10, which is posted HERE for convenience. Check it out, and sign up!
(8) Other Calendar Updates – The calendar on the FAST web site (click HERE) is still the most comprehensive resource to use for keeping up to date on all things FAST. It has all the meets we know of through the summer, and a number of FAST team events, as well. A few highlights and changes:
- Beginning of Summer Picnic will be rescheduled to mid-June – we are currently targeting Monday, June 11
- FAST is hosting another swim meet this summer: a B/C short course end of season meet July 20-22. If you’re in town, please plan to volunteer and help us out!
See you at the pool!