May 14, 2018
Position: St. John’s Legends – Novice Coach(es)
The St. John’s Legends Swim Club are seeking part-time coaches interested in working with our pre-competitive Lil Legends and Swim School programs for the 2018-2019 season.
The St. John’s Legends are a not-for-profit swim club with over 200 age group swimmers associated with both Swim Newfoundland and Labrador and Swimming Canada. We currently offer programming from the novice/grassroots ‘Swim School’ and ‘Lil Legends’ level up through a swimmer representing Canada in International competition.
It is our goal to offer the leading grassroots learning program to teach the fundamentals of competitive swimming.
We are looking for enthusiastic potential coaches to join our coaching staff and learn from our current coaching team.
- The pre-competitive program coaches are responsible for the organization, implementation, and direct management of swimmers in the Lil Legends program
- Pre-competitive Coaches will co-ordinate with the Head Coach in terms of the development of the program
- Pre-competitive Coaches will communicate with their assigned Group Parent to communicate information to the group as necessary
- Pre-Competitive Coaches are responsible for attending all practices or seeking a suitable replacement on the Legends staff to cover practice responsibilities
- Pre-Competitive Coaches will demonstrate the capacity to communicate effectively within the coaching staff and community, including the coaching staff’s online workflow management solution
- Minimum of 15-years of age
- Completion of Bronze Medallion/Bronze Cross/NLS considered a valuable asset – successful applicants without this qualification will be asked to seek these qualifications
- Experience as a swim instructor, swim coach or as a swimmer an asset
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
This is a part-time position with a fixed hourly compensation based upon current coaching credentials. Compensation rate is non-negotiable.
For more information or to submit your resume please contact Head Coach Dave Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org