May 15, 2018
All swimmers are invited to attend the 23rd Annual Trails Invitational on Saturday, June 23, an annual summer event that will remind your swimmers what they love about swimming!
This outdoor meet is divided into two sessions, starting with a 6 & Under category all the way to 15 & Up. Swimmers have the option of selecting the events they want to swim. This meet combines a fun social atmosphere with competitive swim for athletes of all ages and abilities.
To Commit, simply go to the Trails Invite Meet Page, select Commit, then select your events!
In addition, there will be a cookout, smoothies and a raffle. Teams scheduled to appear include Cary Barracudas, Dundee Dolphins, Elgin Pelicans, Huntley Stingrays, Healthbridge Hammerheads, and us - McHenry Marlins! Pitch your tent, bring plenty of sunscreen & water, and enjoy a day at the pool!
Location & Venue:
- Location: Lions Armstrong Memorial Pool, 599 Longwood Dr., Algonquin, IL 60102
- Admission: $3.00 per person for each session or $5.00 for an all-day pass.
- Heat Sheets will be available for purchase at $5.00.
- Concessions will be available throughout the day.
Check-in / Warm-up / Meet Start:
This is an all-day meet with a morning and afternoon session. See the Trails Invite meet page for timeline and cost details. More information will be sent out prior to the meet.
There is a $4.00 Entry Fee for each event per swimmer. See the Meet Fee Chart on the MMAC meet page for fee details.
- Teams will be assigned areas around the pool grounds. Feel free to bring tents, coolers, and chairs.
- Bleachers are available for spectators along one side of the pool for temporary seating to watch your swimmer's events.
Team Spirit & Sportsmanship - As always, please encourage your swimmer(s) to support each other and cheer during events. Swimmers are encouraged to show good sportsmanship to our host team. But remember to be quiet for the start of events so swimmers can hear.
If you have any questions about the meet, or anything you aren't sure about, feel free to reach out to any of the coaches, team staff or veteran parents.