May 15, 2018
Table of Contents
- Pepsi Meet Preview, with notes
- Flying Pig Congrats - Coaches Ashley & Kristen
- Practice Changes & Updates
- June Stroke Clinics
- Volunteering - Computer Positions
- Jose Cerda Foundation Gala - Sat May 19
- Upcoming Events / Deadlines
Pepsi Meet Preview, with Notes
Our first home meet of the season is this weekend, May 18-20!
The meet sessions have been updated and posted to the meet page, and psych sheets are available also.
A few notes:
- Friday...National Group will warm-up Friday 3:30-4:30 pm, Blue 1 will warm up 4-4:30 pm. All other Marlins will warm up beginning at 4:30.
- Friday...due to heavy interest in our meet this year, all events Friday (only) have a cut line that is now posted on the meet page. Swimmers above the cut line will swim, swimmers below the cut line will not...NO CHECK IN NECESSARY.
- Sat & Sun AM meet start has been moved up to 8:10 am, changing timer volunteer report time to 7:40 am.
Click Here to be taken to the meet page.
Flying Pig Congrats - Coaches Ashley & Kristen
Congrats to Marlin Coaches Ashley & Kristen who competed in last week's Flying Pig Marathon! Ashley did the "Four Way with Extra Cheese Challenge" by doing 1 mile Fri night, 10k & 5k Sat, and full marathon Sun morning. Kristen completed the 10k on Sat!
Practice Changes / Updates
Any upcoming changes will be communicated directly by your Lead Site Coach, also be sure to review your location’s Google Calendar at Cincy-Marlins.com -> Locations.
- Fri May 18 (Pepsi Meet)
- National, 3:30-4:30p
- Blue Marlin, 3:30-4:30p.
- Blue 1, 4-4:30p.
- Blue 2, No practice.
- Red Group Stroke Clinics: Saturdays May 26
and June 16
- On May 26, all Red Groups will have dryland at 8:45 & clinic will run 9-10:30am! June 16 specific times are tbd.
- Mon May 28 (Memorial Day) -
- National & Blue 1, 7-9a swim
- Blue 2, 9-10:45a swim
- Blue Marlin, 10:30a-12p swim
- Red 1, 9-10:45a swim
- Red 2, 9-10:30a swim
- Red 3, 10:30-11:45a swim
- Red 4, 10:30-11:30a swim
- Fri May 18 (Pepsi Meet)
- Sun May 20 (Pepsi
- Red Groups, no practice. Fish Groups: Sail 12-12:45p, Sword 12-1:15p, and Spear 1-2p.
- Sun May 20 (Pepsi Meet)
- No current changes
Stroke Clinics - June 2018
What: Cincinnati Marlins Stroke Clinics
When: Wednesdays (June 6, 13, 20, 27) & Friday June 29. Wednesdays are 1-2p, the Friday (Starts/Turns) is 1-2:30p.
Where: Keating Natatorium, St. Xavier High School. 616 West North Bend Road, 45224.
Who: Open to Marlins members and non-members. Do you swim for a summer team and want to attend a brief session for some stroke tips? Are you a competitive swimmer who wants to take the next step? This is for you!
How to sign up: Marlins - sign up online as you would a normal swim meet. Non Marlins - Click Here ! Signup & payment (cash or check) will also be accepted at the door.
Volunteering - Computer Positions
With our first home meet coming up the weekend of May 18-20, our Meet Computers Dept asked me to place an advertisement that the team is in need of a fresh wave of computer operators. So if you prefer to sit in the air conditioning while the events are going on, please contact Tom Doerflein at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Jose Cerda Foundation Gala - Sat May 19
When: Sat May 19 @ 6p. See flyer linked here for details!
Upcoming Events / Deadlines
Sign Up Deadline
|CM Pepsi Spring Invite. Keating.||May 18-20||All National, Blue and Red Groups||Passed|
|OSSC Splash Into Summer Invite. Columbus, Oh.||June 1-3||All National, Blue and Red Groups||Passed|
|Marlins Night @ FC Cincinnati.||Wed June 13||All Marlins. See info above.||Passed|
|Rolling Hills Invite. Fairfield, Oh.||June 15-16||Red 3 & Red 4||Fri, June 1|
|CM TYR Sport Summer Invite. Keating.||June 21-24||All National, Blue and Red Groups||Tues, May 15|
|Canoe Outing.||Mon June 25||All National & Blue Groups.||Sun June 24|
|Open Water Invite. Oxford, Oh.||Wed June 27||Red 2 & Above||Fri June 1|
|Regional Champs. Keating.||July 6-8||Ages 14 & Under slow than Junior Olympic Time Standards||Fri, June 22|
|Senior Meet. Denison U.||July 12-15||Ages 15+||Sun July 1|
|Junior Olympics. Oxford, Oh.||July 19-22.||Ages 14 & Under with qualifying times.||Mon, July 9|
|Sectionals. Cleveland, Oh.||July 19-22||Any ages with qualifying times.||Sun July 1|
|Beckett Ridge Invite. West Chester, Oh.||Sat July 21||Red 3, Red 4||
Sun July 1
Quote: “If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Jim Rohn (Thanks to the Lange family for submitting!)
**If you have any great swimming or generally motivational quotes, please forward to Coach Ryan! Always looking for more...