June 30, 2018
The job sign up portal for the 2018 Central Zones 14/Under Long Course Championship Meet, for which we are the host team, opened June 1st. Over 900 swimmers are expected from a 10 state region! This meet will occur Thursday, August 2 through Sunday, August 5 at the University of Minnesota. However, teams will be coming in on Wednesday, August 1 for team registration, picture, and a warm-up practice in the pool. Over the course of the five days, we’ll need more than 2,000 hours of volunteer support! This is not only your chance to fulfill your volunteer obligation, but to show these visiting swimmers what a great host we are – not just Foxjets Swim Team, but the State of Minnesota as well! Many of you have volunteered at meets in the past, but for some, this might be your first time. Here are a few reminders:
- Go to the sign up portal here (you will need to be signed in to your Foxjets Swim Team account to access). Or, you may also use the OnDeck app. Simply click “Job Manager,” then type in “Zone.” Click on “Central Zone Championship” and the positions will appear in alphabetical order. Select a position, date, and timeframe. Your name will appear based on your login information. If you are signing up someone other than yourself, please include that person’s name. Please include a phone # as Contact Information for meet personnel to reach you in case of emergency for all sign-ups.
- On the sign-up portal, read the brief description provided (not available in OnDeck). Carefully note if the role requires an adult only. This is extremely important. If you would like to learn more about a role, you may read the full job descriptions here – you will need to be signed in to your Foxjets account (review the Winter Classic / State Meets – held at U of M).
- Swimmers/students/family members are very much welcome to participate as a volunteer in roles such as Time Sheet Runner or Timer. The general guidance is that they be at least 12 years of age. However, if you have a swimmer or family member younger than 12, please reach out to a Meet Director to request exemption. Because we are hosting on behalf of Central Zones/USA Swimming, we have certain criteria that must be followed.
- Carefully note the day and time you have signed up for. Some positions are needed on Wednesday, before the meet starts. Mark your calendar, make an appointment on your device, whatever you need to do to set a reminder!
- Some roles will require a pre-event meeting to go over roles/responsibilities. The Committee Leaders from those areas will reach out to volunteers as we get closer to the meet.
Foxjets Swim Team hosts exceptional meets and we cannot do it without the support of you - our families!
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the Meet Directors, Megan Munoz or Ann Watanabe at FoxjetsMeetDirector@gmail.com.