June 20, 2018
WCSC Parents and Swimmers,
Special alert! Please read below for some important news items:
APPAREL – PLEASE CONFIRM KIDS T-SHIRT SIZE BY JUNE 27TH:
Team shirts are coming and we need you to verify that your child’s t-shirt size is correct by following the below steps: Log into your account on the www.walnutcreekswimclub.org, go to "my account" and click on the tab called "members". Scroll down and you will see "t shirt size" and make any edits you see fit and then hit “save” at the bottom of the screen. Please change it in the system by June 27th. Make sure to go to each "member" (e.g. if two kids, click on both kids info and save each kids changes). Please check and change on the website by June 27th and make your edits so you can get a team shirt in the correct size, thank you!
ALL CITY REMINDERS
- The Annual All City Meet on July 7 and 8th is hosted by WCSC and is a massive undertaking. All City raises about $30,000 for our team which effectively reduces each swimmer's summer registration fees by over $250. All City is also an awesome community event – a one-of-a-kind meet with two flights where all swimmers have a shot at contributing to the success of their teams. The nine other Walnut Creek rec teams pay entry and splash fees to participate. They are our guests and customers. We earn their attendance by providing a well-run event. So let's make this another great Walnut Creek All City Meet!
- We need all swimmers to confirm and sign in if they will be at All City, as well as to select their events by this Thursday June 21st. Swimmers may select (3) individual events. 8 and under can choose up to (3) as long as they can swim the stroke legally. Coaches will assign all relays.
- Submit Ads for the All City Meet Program by Thursday, June 21st. Please ask friends, family, and business owners to advertise in our program! Rates are from $35 for 1/8 page to $220 for a full page ad. The ad info is on our website under the All City menu (exact link is https://www.teamunify.com/recwcscwcsc/UserFiles/File/All%20City%20Ads%20Flyer(1).pdf ) and also on our Facebook page. If EVERY family gets one ad, we will be in great fundraising shape!!!
- Submit Shout Outs for the All City Meet Program by Saturday, June 23rd. Please fill the pages with words of encouragement for your swimmer! Our kids love scouring the pages of the program and finding their shout out. Flyer on more info about shout outs is here: https://www.teamunify.com/recwcscwcsc/__doc__/All%20City%20Shout%20Out%20Flyer.pdf
- In addition, all City job sign ups were just released tonight! Many veteran families have "aged out" since last season and we are in need of ‘heads’ of several key areas, please let me know if you can be the “head” of a specific area. Let me know if you are interested in being the head of any area (parking, clerk of the course, hospitality, sound, etc.). Every family is required to work 2 4-hour shifts during the weekend, plus set up or takedown. If you know you will be unable to work or attend the meet, please find a substitute worker for the meet. We need bodies to fill all the required jobs to run this amazing meet successfully. If you have opted to "buy out" of jobs this season, you are still required to work at the All City meet. Please contact Gita if you have any questions.
JUNE 26th GIANTS BASEBALL GAME:
WCSC has a block of seats for the Tuesday, June 26th Giants game at 7:15pm vs. the Colorado Rockies and we still have tickets left, reserve your tickets today! (View Reserve tickets have been reserved for us at $28/each. Tickets are available on our Square Up team site and can be accessed by going to https://squareup.com/store/wcsc-walnut-creek-swim-club. This will be the only way to pay and confirm your seats. Once in the Square Up click on the Single Ticket $28 rectangle and it will lead you to the cart where you can change the quantity to add more seats. In the checkout section, for pick up date and time: Choose any date and time (it doesn’t matter what you will choose since tickets will be delivered at practice and/or a meet a few days before the game.) For questions please email Cherie Gann at email@example.com. Go Giants!
See you at the pool!