June 24, 2018
Just a few reminders this week - again - lots of information jam packed, so please read carefully!
Three meets this week -
- This week we are swimming on Tuesday, June 26th at HOME, against River Run. Check-in time is 4:30pm. All swimmers need to arrive by 4:30pm and positive check-in will close at 4:45pm so please be prompt. The theme for this meet will be “Halfway to the Holidays”. Think fun winter/holiday colors, jingle bells, snowflakes, Santa hats or anything that represents what you celebrate!
- We are hosting the South Side Invitational at HOME on Thursday, June 28th. Check-in time is 4:30pm. All swimmers need to arrive by 4:30pm and positive check-in will close at 4:45pm so please be prompt. Our theme for this night will be Team Spirit! Show your Gator Greatness and wear our team colors and swag!
- We also have a third HOME meet at 7:30am on Saturday versus Cress Creek Commons. All swimmers need to arrive by 7:30am and positive check-in will close at 7:45am so don’t be late. J The theme for that meet is Disney. Come dressed as your favorite Disney character, wear your Mickey ears, your favorite Star Wars themed outfit or anything Disney! Have fun-I know I will!!!
*There will be NO meets the week of 7/1 thru 7/7. At this time, practice schedule will remain the same.
Committing to meets – Before you start heading out on summer vacations, PLEASE check your commitments to upcoming meets.
Deadlines coming soon:
- Tuesday, 7/3 for the 7/10 meet versus South Point (AWAY)
- Thursday, 7/7 for the 7/14 meet versus Naperville Tennis (HOME)
Sit down at your computer now and commit or decline for those meets! Also, please watch for an email from Coach Kris about committing to Classic and City meets. We need to turn in expected numbers by the end of the week. (Don’t forget, in order to swim at either Classic or City meet you MUST compete in 3 Dual Meets during the season.
Job Reminders -
- Set up/take down - Please note this job starts at 7am on Saturdays and 4pm on weekdays. Due to the fact that the set up process is relatively quick, please be prompt. If you know you will be late, please find a worker replacement.
- Bullpen - 6 & Under bullpen workers line up all age groups, but are excused after boys 6 & under backstroke is lined up. Regular Bullpen workers stay the entire meet.
- Substitute workers - make sure they know to check-in. Please email Rachel firstname.lastname@example.org if a substitute is working for you. (Occasionally a substitute doesn’t remember which family they are working for, especially if they sub for multiple families!)
- Finally, please remember if you have a swimmer who will be competing in either Classic or City meet, you will be required to work one job during that meet. This is in addition to the 5 regular season jobs you have worked.
Parade and Party –
Mark your calendars for the July 18th Parade around the neighborhood, followed by our Awards celebration and party at the pool. The parade will kick-off at 6:00PM with a later time than in the past, so more can participate. We will also be trying a a new route this year. More information to come.
Awards - By now you should have double checked the spelling of your child’s name under “My Account” then click “My Account” again to make sure your swim members are correct in the computer system. Also, if you missed ordering extra plates for your swimmer last year, contact email@example.com to get these ordered. They should be approximately $3.50 per plate.
Thanks for reading through all of that-we know it's ALOT! Contact us if you have any questions and GO GATORS!!
Thank you for all you do - we couldn’t do it without you!