Lake Linganore Meet Info
June 29, 2018
Swimmers & Families,
This weekend our meet is with Lake Linganore at the Summerfield Pool. It’s going to be a hot one, so prepare accordingly! Here are the details you need to know:
- Please arrive by7:10am.
- Summerfield Pool (6215 Sawyer Road, New Market)
- Directions: I-70E to East Patrick Street (Rt.144E) exit. Turn left at traffic light. Follow Rt.144E for 2 miles, then bear left to continue on Rt.144E, just under the I-70 overpass. Stay on Rt.144E for another 3-4 miles. Turn left at the light onto Boyers Mill Road. Travel 1 1/2 miles & make left onto Finn Drive into Summerfield (Deer Crossing Elementary School on left). Pool is on the right after the first stop sign on the right
- Parking: There is a drop off zone near the pool to drop off kids, tents, lawn chairs etc. Unless you have a handicap permit, arrive early and park at Deer Crossing Elementary School. If you park in the Kiddie Academy parking lot across the street from the elementary school you will be towed.
- Braddock Heights will set up on the lower half of the parking lot. The Lake Linganore team will be by the tennis courts. No one is permitted to set up inside the pool gates.
- Swimmers & volunteers should check in right away at check-in tent.
- Check relay lists to see if you are swimming or are an alternate, then swimmers get ready for warm ups.
- Warm-ups: 9-12 year olds 7:25-7:35; 13 – Older & 8-Under 7:35 – 7:45, then full team dive sprints until 7:50am.
- Swimmers should wear their team suit or a solid blue or black suit.
- It isn’t mandatory to wear a cap, but if you do, it MUST be a team cap.
- Officials meeting 7:45 am
- Timers meeting 7:45 am
- The meet will start promptly at 8 am.
- No swimmers are permitted on the tennis courts during the meet.
- Cash concessions will be available for breakfast and lunch items.
- Lake Linganore will be running Meet Mobile and will not be selling programs. You may print out the program from our team website under the Events/Meets tab.
- We ask everyone’s help in making sure our team area is free of trash when we leave.
- Don’t forget your goggles or sunscreen, and good luck!