Swim and Dive Team Update, July 1
July 1, 2018
Swim and Dive Team Update, July 1
Here’s a look at the week ahead (outside of normal practices) –
- JV Swim Meet at home vs Wallingford – Arrive by 7:45 and check in with Coach Julia, warm up is at 8:00, pep rally is at 8:30, meet starts at 9:00.
- No Practice for Varsity Swimmers or Dive Team (or any team members not participating in the JV meet)
- Dive Meet at home vs Hidden Hollow – arrive by 4:45, warm up is at 5:00, meet starts at 6:00.
- Varsity Swim Meet at PlyMar – (3032 Butler Pike, Plymouth Meeting) – Arrive by 5:15, check in with Coach Monica, warm up at 5:30, meet starts at 6:00.
- No Swim or Dive Practice! Enjoy the day off with your families and celebrate this great nation of ours!
Other team info –
- CMMD Fundraiser – The fundraiser is off to a slow start this season, and we need your help! Please be on the lookout for a separate email which will include all of the fundraiser details…and a million thanks to Dana Jones for all of the heart she’s put into making this a fun and meaningful event for our kids and team!
- Club Champs is Monday, July 9! This is an inter squad meet for all members of the team (JV and V). Swimmers and coaches will work together to choose events for this meet. When committing your swimmer to this meet, choose the events they’d like to swim in and coaches will discuss any changes they feel should be made with your swimmer. Events include freestyle, butterfly, breaststroke and backstroke, as well as distance free and IM. Swimmers may choose a max of 4 events (and preferably at least 1 distance event!) Please commit your swimmers by clicking on their name; you will then be prompted to click on the events your swimmers would like to swim. This meet is run like a regular dual meet, so we also need parent volunteers! Signups are due by Friday, July 6.
- The jobs for Blue Divisionals are open for signups. Blue Divisionals is a Suburban Swim League championship meet that Pennypacker hosts. This is a HUGE UNDERTAKING for our team, and every family is expected to volunteer their time and also concession items, whether or not your child participates in this meet. Signups are looking good so far, but we still have many open slots. Sign up early to get your choice of concession items and meet jobs, as jobs will be assigned if need be as we get closer to the meet. The meet jobs are at the top of the signup, concession items are towards the bottom.
- I know that
we’re only halfway through our season, but it’s already
time to start thinking about the championship
season! There is a championship meet for all levels
of swimmers who have participated in two SSL dual meets this
season. I’ll send full Champs details sometime over the
next week, but please start thinking about Champs, and check to see
if your child has A Champs qualifying times, or is close to a
qualifying time. All Champs entries will be due
by noon on July 13.
- Blue Divisionals is on July 21 – The sole requirement to participate in this meet is to have swum in 2 SSL dual meets this season. There are no minimum qualifying times. The coaches want every swimmer who does not go to A Champs to swim in this meet, which is hosted by us, at home!
- A Champs is split into 3 different meets – Distance Free Champs is on July 23, IM Champs is on July 25 and the sprint events and relays are on July 28. Each of these meets requires qualifying times, and you can find the link to these times in the drop down options of the “swim team” tab on our website.
- Signups are open for our upcoming Spirit Breakfast and end of season Team Party. Additional details will be sent out in the coming weeks, but you can check out the details, see what’s needed and sign up in the Events page on the website now!
- We have a team Shutterfly photo sharing site. You can go to pccteam.shutterfly.com, put in the password of “Roosters”, and see, load and order pictures. We have different folders for the variety of events to make it easier to load or find pictures that you’re looking for. The last few years we’ve had parents that photographed as many kids as they could at meets and our team events, then just loaded them all into the site to share. So if you’re an amateur (or professional!) photographer, please bring your camera to our meets and events and capture what you can! As Coach Monica says “we can’t be everywhere all of the time”, so this site makes it easier to see all of the fun and success we have as a team.
And finally – we have some new team records!
- On June 20 vs Rose Tree Woods, Heather MacCausland broke the Open Girls 50M breaststroke record of 34.86 from 2007, with a new record of 34.61!
- On June 20 vs Rose Tree Woods, Carter Marks broke the 11/12 Boys 50M backstroke record of 34.41 from 2017, with a new record of 33.00!
- On June 20 vs Rose Tree Woods, Carter Marks broke the 11/12 Boys 50M butterfly record of 33.25 from 2011, with a new record of 30.50!
- On June 20 vs Rose Tree Woods, Carter Marks broke his own 11/12 Boys 50M freestyle record of 29.09 from 2017, with a new record of 28.06!
- On June 27 vs Stony Lane, Davis Woerner, Jack Thompson, RJ Dennin and Carter Marks broke the 11/12 Boys 200M Free Relay record of 2:04.21 from 2012, with a new record of 2:02.09!