July 2, 2018
Happy Monday Gators!
Jammed packed with information again today, so please read carefully!
Practice this week:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday-Regular Practice
Wednesday, July 4th- NO practice
No Meets this week, but please make sure you have committed to ALL the remaining meets -
Committing to meets –Deadlines coming soon:
Tuesday, 7/3 for the 7/10 meet versus South Point (AWAY)
Saturday, 7/7 for the 7/14 meet versus Naperville Tennis (HOME)
City and Classic Meet-commit ASAP!
- If your swimmer has 2 or more City cuts, they should be attending City - please commit "no" to Classic, and "yes" or "no" to City if your swimmer can or cannot attend.
- If your swimmer does not have (and you do not think will get) City cuts, commit "no" to City, and "yes" or "no" to Classic if you can or cannot attend.
- If your swimmer has 1 cut for City - they get to choose if they want to swim City or Classic. If your child has a City cut, but chooses to swim Classic, they cannot swim the event they have the City cut in, and that is the only event they can swim at City. This also means, for example, if they have the breaststroke cut, they cannot swim the breststroke event OR breaststroke on the relay. Please commit "yes" to the meet they would like to attend and "no" to the meet they will not compete in.
- If you believe your child is on the cusp and will compete in City if they get a City cut, but will compete in Classic if they do not, then please commit "yes" to both meets. Once we know which meet your child will end up at, you can change your commitment.
- It is really important that you choose "yes" or "no" to each meet. Please do not sign up for one and remain undeclared for the other!
- 6 & Unders go to Classic and 13&Up go to City
Job Reminders -
- Set up/take down - Please note this job starts at 7am on Saturdays and 4pm on weekdays. Due to the fact that the set up process is relatively quick, please be prompt. If you know you will be late, please find a worker replacement.
- Bullpen - 6 & Under bullpen workers line up all age groups, but are excused after boys 6 & under backstroke is lined up. Regular Bullpen workers stay the entire meet.
- Substitute workers - make sure they know to check-in. Please email Rachel email@example.com if a substitute is working for you. (Occasionally a substitute doesn’t remember which family they are working for, especially if they sub for multiple families!)
- Finally, please remember if you have a swimmer who will be competing in either Classic or City meet, you will be required to work one job during that meet. This is in addition to the 5 regular season jobs you have worked.
Parade and Party –
Mark your calendars for the July 18th Parade around the neighborhood, followed by our Awards celebration and party at the pool.
5:30pm - Cars can start to line up at the clubhouse
6pm - Parade will leave the clubhouse parking lot
6:30pm - Parade returns to clubhouse and we will enter and sit on the hill for awards (Parade route will be posted later this week)
6:45pm - Awards will be announced and given out to swimmers
7:30pm - Party time - open swim for just the swimmers-with possible parent/coach relay events, end of the year slideshow will be playing, small snack for swimmers, and KONA Ice truck in the parking lot (as a fundraiser for the team) (Plan to eat dinner before the event as concessions will not be open)
Thank you to all for a wonderful season so far - we couldn’t do it without you!