July 2, 2018
Dear GMA Families,
What a GREAT week to be a swimmer in Vermont!! We hope you are enjoying our rare summer heat wave and that you are looking forward to an EXCITING month of GMA long course RACING!!! As the summer progresses, we are more and more focused on our racing experiences and our time together as a TEAM at the meets. We do have a shortage of available coaches this summer and we are working hard to cover all of the travel meets, home training times and extra team events!! For this hot, holiday week, we have a number of GMA TRAINING CHANGES:
- Tomorrow, Tuesday 7/3/18 ALL TRAINING GROUPS 7-9 AM. (Regional and State swimmers may finish practice at their normal time.)
- Wednesday 7/4/18 ALL TRAINING GROUPS 7-9 AM. Please bring a WHITE GMA team T-shirt or a plain white T-shirt for our Tie-Dye event. Practice will run as follows: 7:00 AM team meeting, 8:00 AM team dryland, 8:30 AM team Tie-Dye
- Thursday 7/5/18 - Normal practice times. ALL GMA GROUPS are invited to attend YOGA with Rachel L. from 9:00-10:00 AM after normal swimming practice time.
- Saturday 7/7/18 - NO SATURDAY PRACTICE for ALL TRAINING GROUPS
- Monday 7/9/18 - OPTIONAL practice for ALL TRAINING GROUPS
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and attention as we work to provide the best training and racing environment for our team this long course season!
Laura Matuszak, GMA Head Coach