July 8, 2018
Swim and Dive Team Update, July 8
Here’s a look at the week ahead (outside of normal practices) –
- Club Champs – This event is run as an official meet, so swimmers should arrive at 8:15 and check in with Coach Gigi, warm up is at 8:30 and the meet starts at 9:00. Meet volunteers – thank you to those who have signed up already! We may have a few more open slots, so if your child is swimming, please plan on working the meet or possibly learning a new job. Volunteers - please plan to be there at 8:30. There will be a yummy treat for each swimmer at the end of the meet.
- “Vintage” PCC gear will be sold prior to the meet start – caps and magnets are $2, Camelback water bottles and fleece blankets are $5, socks and Halo headbands are $10. I won’t have change, so exact cash or a check would be great!
- No Dive Team practice due to Club Champs, and if your swimmer isn’t participating in Club Champs, there’s no separate swim practice.
- Dive Meet AT Swarthmore (201 Riverview Road, Swarthmore) – warm up at 5:30, meet start at 6:00.
- JV Swim Meet at home vs Plymouth and Rose Tree Woods – arrive at 7:45 and check in with Coach Julia, warm up is at 8:00, pep rally is at 8:30 and meet starts at 9:00. The snack bar will be open with breakfast options! We are still in need of 3 meet volunteers – a place judge, stroke and turn and 1 timer. Please email our JV Coordinator Beth Enterline at Gaim4321@gmail.com if you can fill these last positions. If your child is swimming in the meet, we need you! The coaches will assign these last positions if necessary.
- No Varsity Swim Team practice due to the home JV meet.
- No Dive Team practice due to the home JV meet.
- Dive Meet at home vs St. Alban’s – arrive by 2:15, warm up is at 2:30, meet starts at 3:30.
- Varsity Swim Meet at home vs St. Alban’s – arrive by 4:45 and check in with Coach Monica, warm up at 5:00, pep rally at 5:30, meet starts at 6:00.
- Senior Night immediately following the swim meet – we’ll celebrate with a speech from each of our graduating seniors under the pavilion and cake under the barn – join us for this special night!
- ALL CHAMPS ENTRIES ARE DUE AT NOON!!
It’s hard to believe that there’s only 3 weeks left in the season. As the end draws near there are a lot of team events and important announcements, so please make sure to read any emails we send out in full – we don’t want anyone to miss anything!
- All Champs entries will be due this Friday, July 13, at noon. I’ll send a separate email explaining the entire Champs process – what the swimmers need to qualify to participate, how many events can be swum, which meets they can swim in, etc. It can be a confusing process, so I’ll plan to be under the barn on Wednesday morning around 10:30 to answer any questions you might have. This is an exciting part of our season and we don’t want any kids to miss out on swimming at Champs because of confusion or missing the entries deadline!
- Our Spirit Breakfast is on Friday morning, July 20. Please see the events page for details on this special end of season event, celebrating all of our swimmers and divers. Please RSVP by Monday, July 16, and also sign up to donate food!
- The jobs for Blue Divisionals are open for signups. Please make sure to go to the events page to sign up for a job and to donate concession items. We need everyone’s participation to run this Championship meet, which is also a huge fundraiser for our team!
- The end of the season Team Party is on Saturday evening, July 28. This is a wonderful night for all of our team members, coaches and families – all Swim and Dive Team members and their families are invited! Please see the events page for details and to sign up. Please RSVP by Friday, July 20. Our Party Coordinator, Cathy Ward, is looking for a few volunteers to help her with a variety of things for the party – please see the jobs within the event, or email her at email@example.com if you can help.
And finally – exciting team news –
Dive Team –
- Zoe Petertonjes was the Top 10 and under female diver in the League in week 2!
- Jack Enterline was the Top 10 and under male diver in the League in week 3!
New Swim Team Records –
- On July 3 vs PlyMar, Carter Marks broke the 11/12 Boys 50Y backstroke record of 30.84 from 1997, with a new time of 29.43!
- On July 3 vs PlyMar, Carter Marks broke the 11/12 Boys 50Y freestyle record of 25.90 from 2012, with a new time of 24.76! This was also a new League Record (which was a 24.88 from 2002)!!
- On July 3 vs PlyMar, Mckaylie Sullivan broke the 13/14 Girls 50Y butterfly record of 27.75 from 1992, with a new time of 27.45!
- On July 3 vs PlyMar, Carter Marks, Davis Woerner, Matthew DiAddezio and Jack Thompson broke the 11/12 Boys 200Y Medley Relay record of 2:03.86 from 2017, with a new time of 2:02.84!
- On July 3 vs PlyMar, Jack Thompson, RJ Dennin, Davis Woerner and Carter Marks broke the 11/12 Boys 200Y Free Relay record of 1:52.38 from 2017, with a new time of 1:49.27!