July 9, 2018
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Please read through this email for important information.
NNA Silver State Championships – July 20 – 22
Entries for the NNA meet close this Wednesday at midnight. For swimmers not attending Sectionals, the coaching staff recommends swimmers attend a minimum of one day of the meet. This will be the last opportunity for many swimmers to participate in a long course meet this year.
There will be NO practice on Friday, July 20 and Saturday, July 21 due to the meet.
High Country Championships at Minden – August 3 – 5
This meet is our end of the season championship meet! We would love to see a great RENO turnout. This is a short course meet and it will be an excellent opportunity for swimmers to pick-up Nevada State qualifying times before we go on our team break (more on State below).
With school starting in early August it can be tough to be at a swim meet the weekend before class starts. With that being said, we would like to see swimmers attend a minimum of two days of this meet. Ideally, swimmers attend all three days, but we understand if this does not happen.
RENO Swimmers Have a Great JOs!
Nine swimmers and Coach Melanie attended Pacific’s Junior Olympics in San Jose last weekend. We had several best times and great performances. Highlights include:
- Elena Aramini picked up her first Sectional time standard in the 50 free! RENO now has eight swimmers with Sectional cuts; we started the year with just two. Sectionals is the second tier in USA Swimming’s senior championship structure.
- Ella Palmer (100 and 200 back) and Amaya Aramini (200 back) picked up summer Far Western times.
- Aidan Pflieger had two top-8 finishes in the 200 back and 400 free.
- Addison Crain, Reese Hollinger, Julia Kennedy, and Sam Lindley all swam best times.
- Delaney Skuse competed in her first JOs.
RENO Team Break
Our annual summer break will be from August 6 - August 19. There will be no practice for any groups during this time.
Nevada State Championships
This year’s Nevada State Championships will be held in Las Vegas during Veteran's Day Weekend in November. The coaching staff would like RENO to have a big presence at the meet. I am working on getting more information and will pass it along as soon as possible.
This meet does require the swimmers to achieve qualifying standards. Click here to access the standards used for last year’s meet. I am trying to track down this year’s standards, but I believe they will be similar to last year.
Here are the next meets RENO will be attending:
- TAHOE Meet -- July 13 - 15
- Sectionals – July 19 - 22 (qualified athletes)
- NNA Trials and Finals Meet – July 20 – 22
- Far Westerns – July 26 – 29 (qualified athletes)
- Western Zones Senior Championship – July 31 – August 4 (qualified athletes)
- Futures Championships -- August 2 - 5 (qualified athletes)
- High Country Championships in Minden – August 3 – 5 (all athletes not attending Western Zones or Futures)
Thank you and have a great week!