July 9, 2018
Where has the summer gone? Just a few meets left, and we’re hosting one in just a few weeks! Read below to learn more . . . .
Here is all the news you need to know for the week of July 8:
(1) FAST-Hosted Meet July 20-22 – This is going to be a BIG meet, likely with over 400 swimmers in the water, so please help us to make it a success. So -- if you will be in town, sign up to swim, and sign up to volunteer! Click HERE for meet information, to sign up to swim, or to sign up to volunteer.
Swimmers can swim in events where they have B times and slower only, so it’s a great chance for our younger swimmers to get some times in a friendly pool. And, for our more advanced swimmers, this is your chance to swim those events you never get to swim. 500 Free? Heck yeah. 200 Fly? You’re darn right. Swim those events. Get a good time in before the break in August.
Sign up to swim, but sign up soon! Go to the signup page ( HERE!) to let your coach know whether you will swim.
(2) Other Meets – There are a few last meets to sign up for, including:
- July 25-29 – 2018 Long Course TAGS @UT Austin
- July 26-29 – Texas Senior Circuit Long Course Champs @San Antonio
- August 4-5 – End of Summer Open Meet @MAC – this short course meet is for everyone, so if you want one last swim before the break, this is your chance!
(3) TeamApp Communication Platform – If you haven’t already done so, please sign up for the TeamApp communications platform as a means of communicating within the team. Instructions for creating an account and linking to the coaching groups are available in the e-mail Ron sent out on April 10, which is posted HERE for convenience. Check it out, and sign up!
See you at the pool!