July 15, 2018
Swim and Dive Team Update, July 15
I spent part of my morning today making sure that I’ve RSVP’d to all of our various upcoming events, and taking note of the various food items I’ve volunteered to bring to them as well. Please be sure to do the same – we have lots of fun, special and important events these next two weeks!
We have several different events to commit to -
- Spirit Breakfast – Friday, July 20 – commit to attending and to provide food/drink/supplies by tomorrow, Monday, July 16
- Blue Divisionals – Saturday, July 21 - sign up for a volunteer job and concession items by Thursday, July 19.
- Team Party – Saturday, July 29 - commit and pay by Friday, July 20. Please also sign up to help setup or clean up the party, or provide a few necessities (tents, coolers, waters, etc).
- CMMD Charity Fundraiser - make your donation by Friday, July 20
*Also – please clean out your family folders!! They are overflowing with team pictures, Club Champs ribbons and lots and lots of swim sibs treats! We’ll need the space in the folders next week for all of the Champs ribbons, plus I’m sure the swimmers want to enjoy their swim sibs treats!
Here’s a look at the week ahead (outside of normal practices)
- Dive Club Champs – arrive by 9:15, warm up at 9:30, meet starts at 10:00
- JV Swim Meet at PlyMar (3032 Butler Pike, Plymouth Meeting) – arrive by 8:15 and check in with Coach Julia, warm up at 8:30, meet starts at 9:00. Ann DiAddezio will be our JV Coordinator for this meet, so volunteers, please check in with Ann!
- There is an altered Varsity Swim Team practice schedule due to the away JV meet – Roosters/Hens – 9:100-10:00, Younglings – 10:00-11:00.
- Dive Meet at Martin’s Dam (1045 Croton Road, Wayne) – warm up at 3:00, meet starts at 3:30.
- Varsity Swim Meet at Martin’s Dam (1045 Croton Road, Wayne) – arrive by 5:15 and check in with Coach Monica, warm up at 5:30, meet starts at 6:00.
- SNAP Pizza Team Fundraiser – 4:00-8:00 – Dine in or pick up an order to go between these hours – 50% of the profits will go to our team! ** You must let them know that you’re part of the fundraiser BEFORE you pay. You can find a flyer to print out in the SNAP event in the Events/Meets tab.
- Swim Team Practice for the entire team will be held from 9:00-10:00.
- Dive Team Practice for the entire team will be held from 9:00-10:00.
- Spirit Breakfast at 10:00! Donated food and drinks can be dropped off in the Grove between 9-9:30.
- This is the last day of regular practice for the swim and dive teams.
- All nonperishables for Divisionals (tents, waters, Gatorades, hamburger rolls, non chocolate candy, coolers…anything that doesn’t need to be fresh on Saturday morning) must be dropped off behind the guard stand by 5pm please!
Exciting Team News –
Dive Team –
- Gabby Stephens was the high scorer in the League for 12 and under girls in week 4!
New Swim Team Records –
- On July 11 vs St. Alban’s, Carter Marks broke his own 11/12 Boys 50M freestyle record of 28.06 from earlier this season, with a new time of 27.64!
- On July 11 vs St. Alban’s, Davis Woerner broke the 11/12 Boys 50M breaststroke record of 38.28 from 2011, with a new time of 37.77.