July 16, 2018
WCSC Parents and Swimmers,
Please read below for some important news items:
A big thank you to parents for making the camping trip so successful!
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation - Private Screening Tuesday, July 17th, Buy Your Tickets Now! WCSC is going to the movies for a great cause! Come see Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation in downtown’s Walnut Creek theater which has been reserved ONLY for WCSC members, their friends and family. Each ticket is $12 ($6 admission and $6 donation). Donation is being made to Unified Sports which is part of Special Olympics. Theater opens at 5pm, movie starts at 5:30pm. Buy your tickets in our SquareUp Store https://squareup.com/store/wcsc-walnut-creek-swim-club For questions please email Cherie Gann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will be distributed on Monday, July 16th at practice, if not picked up by the end of practice Cherie will put in the family boxes at the end of Monday’s practice.
Swim A Thon: Still Time to Donate: On July 10th our Swim A Thon was held, our goal is $4,000 and we currently are at $2,800. You can still donate by cash or check, please contact Cherie at email@example.com for more info. Thank you Nightriders who hosted this event for the swim team!
7/18, Wednesday Away Meet at Woodlands: Unless signed out of the meet the swimmer will be entered.
- Woodlands Cabana Club, 111 Longleaf Drive
- Warmups 5:30pm, Meet start at 6:00pm
Friday night and Saturday, 7/20-7/21, Crossings Challenge: Only for those who signed into the meet. Please go to https://www.teamunify.com/recwcscwcsc/__doc__/2018%20Team%20Set%20Up%20Map%20-Crossings.pdf to view the WCSC team area.
- Walnut Country Main Pool, S. Larwin and Lawson Ct., Concord, Ca
- Friday 7/20/18: 5:30pm-9:00pm (and warmups are in Lanes 1-2
from 4:40pm to 5pm). Order of Events:
- Free Style Trials
- Breaststroke Trials
- Saturday 7/21/18: 8:30am-4:30pm (and warmups are from 7:40am to 8am).
Order of Events:
- Backstroke Trials
- Butterfly Trials
- IM Finals (no Trials for IM)
- Finals for Free, Breast, Back, and Butterfly Final
Saturday & Sunday, 7/21-7/22, Woodlands Invitational: Only for those who have qualified for this meet.
- Saturday Warmups 8:40am-8:50am: Lanes 1-3
- Sunday Warmups 7:30am-7:40am: Lanes 1-3
- Team area - Will be identified on a map to be posted at the pool entrance the morning of the meet.
SNACK SHOP/BBQ: We need someone to barbecue for the last home meet on July 28. Please contact Huda at firstname.lastname@example.org. This counts toward a job, thank you!
- CROSSINGS MEET- if your child is participating in this meet, you MUST work one job. We are still short 3 job slots for this meet.
- CONFERENCE MEET- job sign ups are available. Every family is required to work at least one shift during the weekend. If you are not attending this meet, you must provide a sub.
IN NEED OF AGE 7-8 SOCIAL COORDINATOR: We are in need of coordinator for the age 7-8 social coordinator. There is a small budget for the event. Currently 7-8 hike is scheduled for Thursday, July 19th, this might need to be rescheduled. Please email email@example.com if you are interested. Thank you!
Monday, July 23 11-12 Social from 11:45am to 3pm in
Berkeley – Adventure Awaits!: We will be
meeting at Seabreeze Market for lunch from 11:45am to
12:45pm. Seabreeze Market, at 598 University Avenue in
Berkeley, is owned by the family of one of our Knightriders! Lunch
can be purchased there or you can bring a sack lunch, there are
outside tables we will eat at. At 12:45pm we will head over to
Adventure Playland at 160 University Avenue in Berkeley where we
have a 1pm to 3pm reservation. Adventure Playground is a
unique outdoor space that encourages play and builds creativity,
climb and built forts, boats and towers. More info
- Thursday, 7/26, 13 and up Dinner: Yuko Lau has generously volunteered to coordinate. Communication will be sent shortly.
- Sunday, 7/29, 13 and up Rafting Trip: Final details coming this week.
- Nightrider shirts: On order. Should receive soon.
Calendar Highlights: (note: calendar section on website has all of the latest updates)
- Tues, July 17th Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation - Private Screening (sign up link above)
- Wed, July 18th away meet at Woodlands (this is the standard dual meet)
- Thurs, July 19 age 7-8 Night Hike social, time TBD (looking for a coordinator, date may be changed, see above for more)
- Invitationals: Swimmers will either be in Fri evening & Sat Walnut Country July 20 and 21st or the Sat Sunday July 21 and July 22nd Woodlands Invitational (see more details above)
- Monday, July 23rd 11-12 Social - Lunch & Berkeley Adventure Playland from 11:45am to 3pm (more details above)
- Wed, July 25th away meet at WHO
- New: Thursday, July 26th: 13 and up Dinner. Communication will be sent shortly.
- Sat, July 28th HOME meet against Larkey Sharks
- Sun, July 29th age 13-18 Rafting trip social
- Sat & Sun August 4 and 5 Conference Meet
- Sun, August 5th 6pm to 9pm After Conference Party
- Sat & Sun Aug 11th and 12th County Meet (if swimmer has qualified for county)
- Sat, Aug 25th Awards night, time TBD
See you at the pool!