July 19, 2018
DATE: August 13-17, 2018 // COST: $590 per individual swimmer, $500 per child-multi athlete sign-up (must be from same household); checks made out to: Islanders Aquatics // LOCATION: The Stony Brook School II AGES: 8 years old and up! (Must be able to complete 100 yards of freestyle and 25 yards of each stroke
ISLANDERS HIGH PERFORMANCE SWIM CAMP & CLINIC
Join Islanders Coaches Marc Danin & Mike Murray for a high-performance stroke camp & clinic focused on all 4 competitive strokes and underwater kicking. This 5 day, 35-hour clinic will work on honing drills & skills to help you reach your goals and maximize your speed and efficiency throughout all your races! Each camp day will also feature stroke lectures, videos of Olympians, historic Olympic races and MUCH MORE! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register TODAY! ONLY EMAIL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED, PLEASE NO TEXTS, please call if you have special needs/concerns to review with our staff.
This camp will specifically taylor stroke drills & skills, as well as starts and turns that will fit the unique needs of each athlete.
Typical Day is outlined below: (8am-3pm)
- 8am: Meet in bleacher area at the Pool.
- 8am-8:45am: Review the plan for the day and flexibility/dynamic stretching program (Pool Deck)
- 8:45am-11am: Drills and Skills, all 4 competitive strokes, starts, turns & underwater kicking (Pool)
- 11am-11:30am: Filming of each individual at camp (Pool)
- 11:30am-11:45am: Change into clothes (Lockerooms)
- 12pm-1pm:Lunch & Team Building activity (Conference Room & Athletic Fields)
- 1pm-1:30pm: Video review and stroke analysis (Conference Room)
- 1:30pm-1:45pm: Change into swim suits (Lockerooms)
- 1:45pm-3pm: A light, technique-focused workout (Pool)
- 3pm: Dismissal (Pool)
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Mike or Marc!
We look forward to working with you at Camp!