August 6, 2018
What a season! We end our 2018 season with a 4-1 record, 5 ladies in All-Stars, and 2 records broken!! All 5 of our All-Star Flyers swimmers who went to Little Rocky Run walked away with personal bests!
- Alexandra Weatherbee dropped 1.3 seconds off of her best time, took first in her heat, and 10th overall for 8&under Breast. Great Job, Alex!!
- Lilla Wilbur shocked all, especially the announcer, with her 5 second time drop in Girls 10&under IM which earned her a 6th place medal. AND she was originally listed as an ALTERNATE!!! Way To Go, Lilla!!
- Lauren Royce effortlessly sliced through the lanes to capture 8th place in Girls 15-18 100m IM and a tie for 7th place in the Girls 15-18 50m Back! She really makes it look so easy! Outstanding, Lauren!!
- Lauren Sawyer had a perfect ending to her journey with the Flyers! She had her first appearance at All-Stars, came in first for her heat, took 8thoverall, and it was all watched very closely by her Father, Ron, who was definitely having a proud Dad moment while volunteering as Chief Timer. Amazing, Lauren!
- Aleena Stukus had an incredible showing with breaking not one, but two, Fairfax Station Flyers pool records in Girls 11-12 50m Free and Girls 11-12 100m IM!! Aleena also placed 5th overall in Free and 4th overall in IM!! Congratulations, Aleena!!!
I truly enjoyed having the opportunity to watch all of the ladies at All-Stars, and all of the Flyers swimmers throughout the season. Thank you so much for an amazing experience! I want to thank you all for giving so much of yourselves to make this such a successful season! You all know it really does take a village to get it all done, and so many of you were willing to do anything we asked at a moment’s notice! I am truly grateful!
Some of you were not able to attend the end of year activities. If your swimmer(s) have not received their towel, please let me know so we can make arrangements. The trophies are next to the Family Folders box, which contains pictures that were ordered and meet ribbons. PLEASE empty out your family folder ASAP! Thank you!
Lastly, if your child doesn’t want swimming with Coach Anthony to end, Winter Swim registration is NOW OPEN!!!! And, in case you thought it was only for 12&under swimmers, IT IS FOR ALL 8&Under to 15-18 age groups (including Level 3 Minis)!
The FLYERS WINTER SWIM PROGRAM was designed for the developing summer league swimmer who wants to improve strokes and speed over the winter, yet does not have the ability to commit to a large Club Program or to winter meets, or wants additional time in the water from their club time.
Open To: 8&Under through 15-18 ages groups (includes level 3 minis)
Winter Swim Season: (33 Weeks!)
Location: South Run RecCenter
Cost: $250 First Child/$225 each additional child in the family.
We have currently secured 4 lanes at South Run Rec Center at our usual on Sundays. The first Sunday will be September 9th(SHHHHHH...that’s his BIRTHDAY!!!). If needed, we will ask for a 5th lane. Now, DO NOT go to Teamunify to register for Winter Swim! Surprise! We have switched everything over to a new website!! Our new team site iswww.fairfaxstationflyers.
swimtopia.com. We will leave Teamunify up with a link to the new site for a little while until we are completely transitioned. Check it out and let me know what you think! Now, GO SIGN UP FOR WINTER SWIM!!!
Thank you all, again, for an amazing season! It was such a pleasure to spend it with you all! Hope to see you at Winter Swim! Have a wonderful rest of your Summer! Let’s do this all again in 2019!!
Flyers Team Rep