August 8, 2018
Dear Michigan Swimming Community,
As the Championship Season comes to an end, we would like to take this opportunity to recognize some of the achievements of our LSC’s Athletes and Clubs. We would like to first recognize Lola Mull and Mid-Michigan Aquatics and congratulate them on Lola making the Junior Pan-Pac Team. Lola will be representing the United States August 23-27 in Fiji. We wish her and the rest of the US contingent the best of luck, and know that our LSC is pulling for you.
Here are some other highlights for our LSC in the Championship Season.
- Club Wolverine Team Champions at NCSA Long Course Championships
- Gunnar Schmidt named NCSA Coach of the Year
- MLA, MMA, CW all had athletes represented at USA Nationals
- Michigan Swimming Zone Team finished 3rd at the 14 and Under Zone Meet
- MLA, CW, and Liquid Lightning all had athletes represented at USA Junior Nationals
- HVP, BBD, NOW, PCC, USSC, CAC, SLA all had athletes represented at Futures Championships
- 28 Michigan Swimming Teams were represented at this summers Speedo Sectionals
Please take some time to look at the results of our athletes and recognize the hard work and success that several of our LSC’s Clubs have had on a Regional and National scale this summer.
I would also like to thank and congratulate MLA on a very successful and well run 12 and Under State Meet held in Holland this July. This was followed by another successful 13 and Over Meet held at EMU by first time host, Michigan Swimming. A big thank you to all of the volunteers and workers that showed their support and played a part in making the 13 and Over meet happen. I would also like to express a special thank you to Dawn Gurly and Mary Perczack without whose hard work and planning, this summers 13 and Over meet may not have happened.
General Chair, Michigan Swimming