August 11, 2018
Congratulations to all of our swimmers that participated in meets throughout the Spring and Summer. We had many lifetime best swims and multiple records broken. Take a look at a recap for our two biggest championship meets of the summer:
2018 Long Course JO's at Clovis:
- 19 swimmers (ranging in age from 8 to 18)
- two 9-10 boys relays (1 relay in two different events)
- one 11-12 girls relay
- two 15 & over girls relays (1 relay in two different events)
- 130 total swims (between preliminaries and finals)
- 91 lifetime best times (of 130 total swims, 70% rate)
- 43 of 87 preliminary swims yielded a second swim in the evening finals (49%)
- Puma girls 14th place of 21 teams competing
- Puma boys 11th place of 21 teams competing
- Puma combined 13th place of 21 teams competing
2018 Senior Zones Championships at Clovis
- Over 1500 swimmers of the fastest 19 & under swimmers in 8 states from the Western Zone competed over a 5 day period in Clovis.
- Puma had 4 swimmers compete in a total of 19 events.
- Swimmers achieved 16 out of 19 Lifetime Best Swims!
- Overall a fantastic week of fast swimming and good Puma vibes.
- A great way to end the summer season for Puma.
After all new records have been verified and double checked a special news blurb will be sent out with information regarding our new Puma record holders.