August 13, 2018
LASC was well represented at the Canadian Junior Nationals in Winnipeg - July 25-29. We had seven swimmers finish their season at the competition for the top 18 & under swimmers in Canada. All of our swimmers raced to best times and Chris Alexander and Apollo Hess both made it to the podium!
Chris won his first Junior National medal with a silver in the 16-18 year 100 backstroke. He posted a lifetime best of 58.26, breaking his own LASC club record in the process. Apollo, just 10 days after turning 16, swam to the bronze medal in the 16-18 year 200 Breast. He improved from 15th place going into the meet and made his first Swimming Canada on track time in 2:22.42. Apollo also placed 5th in the 100 Breaststroke.
Isaac Fletcher was our leading point scorer with 46 points helping our boys to 15th place in men's team scoring (111 teams at the championships) with 2 A finals and 2 B finals. Isaac's top placing was 6th in the 100 Free for 14-15 years posting 54.17.
Raine Arden, Finley Lothian, Taryn Lachman and Makena Wood all swam best times among there individual, time trial and relay swims.
- Makena swam 4/4 best times in her individual and time trial races!
- Taryn just missed the B final in the 13-14 year 200 Breast with a 17th place finish!
- Finley made new Westerns times in the 50 Free and 200 Back!
- Raine broke a minute for 100 Fly on the relay for the first time!
Our mixed relays moved up in both events;
- 26th (from 34th) in the 4x100 Free with Raine, Finley Isaac and Taryn
- 25th (from 30th) in 4x100 Medley with Chris, Taryn, Raine and Finley
The boys 4x100 Free was our best placing relay with Raine, Chris, Isaac and Apollo combining for 7th place.
Great Swimming LASC and happy summer!