August 17, 2018
Twenty-six Hammerheads raced at the 2018 MVS LCM Championships in Lawrence, KS. The team raced to 84 best times, 62 top-16 finishes, and three new team records! What a great end to the season! On to the highlights…
80% Best Times or Better
- Tyler Briggs (3/3) 100% - Adam Conrad (9/11) 81.8%
- Ray Fugett (6/7) 85.7% - Jolie Graham (2/2) 100%
- Ava Hughbanks (6/7) 85.7% - Patrick Lee (2/2) 100%
- Clay Pilliard (3/3) 100%
- Brayden Adams returned to race finals in the 200 breast, 100 back, 200 back, and 200 IM.
- Tyler Briggs dropped a huge 43 seconds in his 200 free, and placed 5th in the 100 fly with an 8 second cut.
- Luke Brown raced into the top-16 of the 50 free.
- Mary Beth Clark raced to victory in her 100 fly, and snagged a top-16 spot in the 100 free.
- Adam Conrad sprinted to 8th place after a 10 second drop in the 200 breast, plus taking 7th in the 50 breast and 8th in the 200 IM.
- Abigail Culp raced to the top-16 in the 200 free.
- Gabby Culp returned to race finals in her 50 free, 200 back, and 100 free.
- Jacob Duckworth cut over 9 seconds in his 100 breast for 7th place, and took 7th in the 50 and 100 breaststrokes.
- Ray Fugett battled into the top-16 for the 100 breast and 100 free.
- Jolie Graham sprinted into the top-16 in both the 100 and 50 backstrokes.
- Grace Hanson made it back to race finals in her 100 and 200 breaststrokes.
- Ava Hughbanks snagged top-16 in the 200 IM, 100 back, and 200 free.
- Arielle Janssens raced into finals for the 200 fly and 200 IM.
- Patrick Lee dropped over 9 seconds and placed top-16 in the 200 fly.
- Roman Lewis sprinted into the top-16 in the 100 back.
- Chloe Myers earned a pair of gold medals in the 100 and 200 breaststrokes, placed top-8 in the 50 free and 100 free, and took bronze in the 200 IM.
- Courtney Myers returned for finals in the 200 free, 200 fly, and 200 IM.
- Emma Owen raced into top-16 of the 300 fly, and cut 9 seconds in her 400 free.
- Brooklynn Pierce swam into the top-16 of the 100 fly and 50 free.
- Clay Pilliard cruised to an 11 second cut in the 400 free.
- Kemper Roberts with a tremendous meet, cut over 7 seconds in his 100 breast, another 10 in the 200 free, raced to bronze in the 100 back, and placed top-16 in the 100 free, 100 breast, 200 free, and 50 back.
- Camille Schear raced to 7th in the 400 free.
- Hannah Stewart raced back to finals in the 50 breast and 50 free.
- Emma Will earned a pair of top-16 spots in the 100 fly and 200 IM.
New Team Records
- Open Girls 100 Breast - Chloe Myers (1:17.87)
- 13-14 Girls 400 Free Relay - A. Janssens, B. Adams, G. Culp, C. Myers (4:17.94)
- 13-14 Girls 400 Medley Relay - B. Adams, C. Myers, M. Clark, G. Culp (4:48.31)