Background-image
Sponsors
MCSC Board Meeting Minutes

MCSC BOARD MEETING MINUTES

Tuesday, August 21st, 2018

The meeting was called to order at 6:40 by president, Nathan Hehr.  Nathan Hehr, Lisa Cole, Yvonne Degraw, Amy Halverson, Matt Murray, Jon Buseman and Agnese Lein were present.

Reports

Report from NIS/Coaching Update – Matt and Lisa will be doing their water safety instruction this weekend.  Matt will be done with everything he needs for coaching after that.  Lisa will still have a few things left to do.  Astrid will be hit and miss this season if we see her at all.  Allison Eppens has expressed interest in being a potential coach.  She will need her USA Swimming, but she has her lifeguard requirements as well as CPR.  The board decided we would like to move forward with Allison.

Treasurers Report – We have $4,646.66 in the checking account.  The savings account has about $10,000.  The budget for was discussed for the 2018-2019 season.  Our expenses will be greater than our income.  It was decided to increase dues by $5/month for each athlete.  We also discussed a variety of ideas for potential fundraisers and other ways to make money.

Secretary Report – It was emailed out to the board members and also is available on the NIS website.

New Business

New Board Member Election – Jon Buseman and Aggi Lein have joined the board.  Brian Stroup made a motion to approve them with a second from Matt Murray.

Schedule for Short Course Season/Meets – The practice schedule will be the same as last year.  Novice will now be able to join Friday practices.  We are hoping for those to be “swim buddy” nights.  Matt will put together a coaching schedule with input from the other coaches.  The meet schedule has been decided by the board.  We will offer two meets a month as team meets.  The meet schedule will be available on the NIS website.

JAMS Contract – We are looking to have September 4th be our first practice in John Adams.  Practice times will remain the same as last short course season.  We have two lifeguards on file which was a requirement.  Nathan is working on getting our certificate of liability turned in to the district. 

Pool Party – The pool party went well.  It was suggested for there to be more planned activities at the campout.

Spring Banquet – Brian Stroup will be in charge of the banquet. 

Swim-a-Thon – Nathan will speak to Sara Korthals about putting together a Swim-a-Thon through USA Swimming. 

Home Meet Date – Nathan will contact Maria from ISI to discuss what we need to do to potentially change the date of our home meet from what is currently on the calendar.  Right now, our meet conflicts with three other meets. 

Outreach Membership – We will be adding information regarding Outreach Memberships on our website. 

NIS Club Night – September 25th will be NIS Club night at the Mason City Girls High School Swim Meet.  Club member will be able to attend the meet free of charge and are highly encouraged to attend.

Next Board Meeting – The next meeting will be held on Monday, September 10th at 6:30 PM.  The meeting will be held at John Adams.  Prior to the board meeting, at 6:00, will be a parent meeting.  Board members will be available to answer any questions parents might have about registration, meet sign-up, etc.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.

Respectfully Submitted,

Amy Halverson