September 26, 2018
FINA Artistic Swimming Certification School for Judges
19-21 October 2018 / Oranjestad, Aruba (ARU)
Aruba Swimming Federation will be hosting a FINA Artistic Swimming Certification School for Judges scheduled to be held in Oranjestad, Aruba, from 19th to 21st October 2018. Please note the following information related to the designation & courses for artistic swimming judges:
- The objective of the FINA Artistic Swimming Certification Schools for Judges is to establish a universal, standardized judges training and testing system that will prepare and certify highly qualified FINA List Judges in A or G category.
- Please note that to be considered for judging at a FINA competition, a judge must have successfully passed the judges exam administered at one of the FINA Artistic Swimming Certification Schools every four years.
- The FINA Artistic Swimming Certification Schools are for those judges on the current FINA List. At least ten (10) FINA Judges must attend in order to have a Certification School.
- The maximum number of participants in a FINA Artistic Swimming School is 30.
- One coach per Federation is allowed to attend as an Observer provided that he/she is registered through the GMS by the established deadline and that the maximum number of participants has not been reached.
- Additionally, FINA age eligible judges (65 years old and under) and active national level coaches may be registered through the FINA GMS as an Observer and fill any remaining spots.
- The participants’ approval will be done based on the time of registration in the FINA GMS and according to the priority for attendance established in the FINA AS Manual 2017-2021.
- The official working language for FINA Artistic Swimming Certification Schools is English.
- For the exam writing, the use of interpreters, electronic devices and online resources is not permitted. Paper dictionaries are allowed but must be shown to the instructor.
- If a participant is absent one day from the school, he/she cannot take the test. If the candidate is absent a half day for unusual circumstances, he/she must provide the reason for his/her absence and the instructor will determine whether he/she is allowed to take the test.
- To receive certification, a candidate must attend a Certification School and pass the test with a minimum score of 85% for A Judges and 80% for G Judges. If a FINA A Judge does not meet the required 85% passing grade but scores 80% or more, he/she will be downgraded to G category.
- Judges who do not pass the exam may take it a second time by no later than 1st November 2018, either at a FINA Artistic Swimming Development or Certification School. Judges rewriting the exam must be registered through the FINA GMS and may choose to attend the entire course or to sit for the exam.
- Candidates who do not reach the 80% mark in a two-attempt basis will be removed from the FINA List.
Please find below the details related to the organisation of this course:
Arrival: 18th October 2018
Course: 19th – 21st October 2018
Departure: 22nd October 2018
Each National Member Federation may nominate artistic swimming judges and coaches for this course.
All participants must be registered by the 4 th October 2018 in the FINA General Management System (GMS) using your federation login details. The link to the FINA GMS is https://data.fina.org. Please kindly note that the specific discipline of the school must be added to the attendee’s GMS profile as well as his/her personal email address in order to submit the registration. If you require any assistance with the registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take into consideration that when a competition official represents his/her country in a competition, he/she shall be a citizen, whether by birth or naturalisation, of the nation he/she represents, provided that a naturalised citizen shall have lived in that country for at least one year prior to that competition (FINA Handbook - Edition 2017, General Rules 2.5).
PLACE: Oranjestad, Aruba
ARRIVAL AIRPORT: Queen Beatrix International Airport (AUA)
TRAVEL: Each National Federation is responsible for the travel expenses of the nominated judges. Due to the limited number of spots, we kindly ask you to not book any flight tickets until your participants have been approved.
VISA SUPPORT: Please contact the Arubaanse Zwembond if you require visa assistance. email@example.com
Each National Federation will cover the accommodation expenses of the nominated judges.
Divi Resorts & Divi all Inclusive Resorts
J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 45
Single room: 279 USD (full board)
Studio room (up to 4 people): 188 USD (breakfast not included)
For any further information, please kindly contact the Arubaanse Zwembond. firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a reservation, please contact please kindly contact the Arubaanse Zwembond. email@example.com
LOCAL TRANSPORT: Transfers from and to the airport will be provided by the OC for those judges accommodated at the official hotel. In order to organise the local transportation, please provide the participants’ flight arrival and departure details to the Arubaanse Zwembond. firstname.lastname@example.org
MEETING VENUE: Alhambra Ballroom
Esther Croes Email: email@example.com Phone: +297 593 0674
We strongly believe that the FINA Artistic Swimming Schools for Judges will powerfully contribute to the improvement of our sport.
For any further details please contact the FINA Office in Lausanne:
FINA Development Department
Chemin de Bellevue 24a/24b
1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Tel: (41-21) 310 47 10 Fax: (41-21) 312 66 10
We look forward to receiving your nominations through the FINA GMS by no later than the 4 th October 2018.