October 23, 2018
LCSC Coho Update 23 October 2018
Short Course Racing Season officially underway this
Almost half of our team swim their first official racing events this weekend.
A few reminders about preparing for weekend racing opportunities:
1. Set personal goals for performance, including goal times/splits, technique focus, and racing strategy. Talk to your coaches if you need assistance in planning your races.
2. Plan meals and snacks to maximize energy. A well-balanced diet, with healthy snacks for the swim session, and plenty of water for hydration, are key ingredients in feeling good and swimming fast.
3. Team caps are worn in all races (if you wear caps). Latex team caps are available at practice and a team order for silicone caps is forthcoming.
4. Two pair of goggles, two towels, deck shoes and warm deck clothing is suggested for each swimmer.
5. Arrive at the competition site 20-30 minutes ahead of the scheduled warm-up time. This allows time for athletes to sign in, find the team area on deck, stretch, and line up for warm up.
Week of October 22: All practices to run as scheduled, except for Saturday morning: because of the USSC meet, Saturday practice will be combined for all groups, from 8:00-10:00 a.m. for Senior, Platinum, and Gold; from 8:30-10:00 a.m. for Silver and Bronze.
Week of October 29: All practices to run as scheduled, except for Wednesday (10/31/18) and Thursday (11/1/18): Happy Halloween! Bronze, Gold, and Platinum practices are canceled in favor of the holiday; Early practice, 3:30-5:30 p.m., will run as scheduled; dry land is also canceled. For Thursday, all practices are canceled due to diving championships for the Catholic League.
Week of November 5: All practices to run as scheduled through Thursday, Nov. 8. Friday and Saturday practices are canceled due to the Catholic HS League Championships being held at the Rec Center.
Oct. 19-21 2018 OLY Fall Classic
Team Coho posted great swims at the OLY fall Classic. Every swimmer posted season best times, many swimmers raced neck-and-neck with the best in the state, and coaches noticed great improvement in starts and kicking speed. Continued work on turns (a lifetime venture) will be a focus at training sessions. Congratulations to all LCSC swimmers for their positive attitude and attention to detail!
Oct. 26-28 2018 USSC Trick or Treat Grab Bag Classic
Almost 40 Coho swimmers will represent the team at this meet being held at Waterford this weekend. Please arrive on time (i.e., 15-30 minutes before posted warm-up time), and be prepared to give your best effort!
Nov. 17-18 2018 Thanksgiving Classic ABC Meet Entries due: October 19
Over 50 Coho swimmers are signed up for this pre-Thanksgiving event. Stay tuned for possible relays at this meet.
Dec. 7-9 2018 LCSC Snowball Splash
Our annual team-sponsored USA Swimming event is just around the corner. All swimmers and families are encouraged to fully participate, either by swimming, volunteering, or both!
Dec. 20 Team Pictures and Fun Relays
Mark the date: Thursday, Dec. 20. As we enter the winter holidays, we’ll celebrate with Fun Relays and our team picture night. Details forthcoming during November.
Silicone Cap Order This Week
If you are interested in silicone team caps, we are placing an order at the beginning of next week. Swimmers may order personalized team caps. The cost per order is $25 for two non-personalized team caps, and $32 for two personalized team caps. Caps must be ordered two at a time. Please specify the name to be placed on the caps. Order forms are available at practice, or orders may be emailed directly to Coach Vince and will be billed during the November billing cycle..
Swimsuits, equipment, and spirit wear are ready for order online at the following link: https://www.swimoutlet.com/livoniacsc/. Additions will be made to the equipment list for Platinum and Senior Groups.
Go Team Coho!
Your LCSC Swimming Coaches