October 31, 2018
Weekly update –Happy Halloween!
- No practice tonite for all groups!
- November 5th-NEXT WEEK CHANGES TO BLUE II ONLY-FOR THEIR MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY PRACTICE TIMES AT CENTRAL YMCA-WILL NOW BE 5:00-6:30 INSTEAD OF 5:45-7:15, thru May! (this change happens when high school’s season is done, and this will allow more lane space for both Blue II and Blue I-still 6:15-7:15)
- MYST YMCA pentathlon, were sent yesterday. Please firm up your plans for this meet, which is next Saturday, November 10. I will send an email to those folks specifically next week. We have 38 swimmers signed up.
- EGRA- entries are closed. We will submit these Friday am; entries open at 9:00 am. This is a very popular meet and as soon as we get a reply from the Administrative Official regarding our entries, you can then make plans for the weekend.
- RAYS YMCA MEET will are still open and will close on Monday November 5th
- Gaylord MEET -we haven't received info yet
- Please note changes to the USA state meets in March!! on our meet schedule.
- Suits and Sweats! I should have all the boys and most of the girls by Friday with the exception that some of the suits will have embroidery on the chest, and if this is how your child’s suit is; you will be reimbursed for the $10 embroidery fee. All the suits look nice and are fitting the great for those who have them! Sorry about this!
- Dryland shirts are in! Please get yours from me at WEST pool.
- Threads custom gear store is still open! The tees and the sweatshirts are soooooo soft! I swear like kittens! And… the trucker hats are way cool! Visit threadscustomgear.com and find the GTBY team store. (Right now the button is off, I have had them keep this open now until Monday November5th)
- If you are not swimming for specific months, you will need to contact the YMCA front desk and make sure your billing is set up correctly.
- If you take a break at any time, you must do this one month in advance for the months you are taking a break, for ex., ski season. So today is the last day to suspend anything in December.
- The YMCA and I do not manage your accounts, and so far it looks like we have very full rosters for the season, which is awesome!
GET READY FOR SWIM A THON ! OUR GOAL IS to develop a RECORD BOARD FOR THE TEAM! Last year we raised over $8000 and we need everyone to step up and make this year even better! (the record board is a great way to celebrate all ages of our swimmers and get some much needed notability for our team!! we might could even take a sponsor for this!)
The date for the swim is December 18th during regular practice. RED group will swim at west that evening as well. I will need a lead parent to help from each group, so far only the WHITE GROUP has parents to help. Please consider helping me with this. It's pretty easy and we have it very organized. We will have a meeting early November to discuss this!!
TURKEY TROT HELP!
EVERY YEAR OUR FAMILIES HELP OUT WITH THE TROT-WHICH SUPPORTS MANY LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS. please check out the events and sign up! to volunteer, (these hours count to team hours) our team earns $400 for this that we are going to use for new dryland equipment!
thanks! and have a great day!