Changes for 2019 Winter Champs and Trials Meets
November 7, 2018
The following changes were adopted by the Coaches' Committee and TPC on October 25, 2018 at their Zoom Meeting. The full minutes can be found HERE.
- A & B Relays only at Winter Champs. Relay only swimmer protocol remains unchanged.
- Relays at Winter Champs will be 10 & U, 11-12, 13-14, 15 & over
- ; On Sunday, all older age (13-14, 15 & O) group relays will be swum at prelims.
- For 12& under relays, anything but the championship heat will be combined heats (girls and boys) but will be scored separately. Fastest heats first. 10 & U girls (1), 10 & under boys (1), 11-12 girls (1), 11-12 boys (1) then rest swim mixed.
- For the 10 & U and 11-12 500 freestyle, combine heats, except for the top 8. Combined slower heats swim first; fastest heat goes last. Follow protocol for relays but reversed slowest to fastest.
- Bonus events: Allow only bonus entries for shorter events for 12 & unders (no 200 specialty stroke, 500 free or 400 IM); eliminate bonus entries for 13& over distance events (1000 and 1650).
- To compete in the following events, a swimmer must make qualifying times, regardless of finish at Champ Trials – 10& u, 11-12 500 free and 11-12 200 fly, 200 back, 200 breast and 400 IM.
- High Point Awards will be handed out at the meet (updated banquet format will be posted shortly)
- Warmups: All prelim warmups will be organized; finals warmups may be open. Run a ten minute warm up after the freestyle events in the morning sessions, longer warmups after the freestyle events at finals.
- Change the age groups at Champs Trials to allow swimmers who age up between Trials and JO’s an opportunity to compete in the aged-up events. Age groups at Trials will be 10 & U, 10-12, 12-14, 14 & over. Those 10, 12, 14 year olds who age up after Trials but before Champs should swim with the older age group. All others are with the younger