November 14, 2018
Thanksgiving Holiday Schedule
Friday, Nov 16 - Sunday, Nov 25
ALL Practices OPEN for Out-of-Town Visitors!
STAY SWIMMING MAKOS through this upcoming week!
GCY Welcomes ALL Out-of-Town Visiting USA Swimmers, ALL Collegiate Swimmers, and ALL USA Masters Swimmers needing a place to practice! GCY swimmers traveling, contact Coach Brad for help with arranging out-of-town practices or use workouts below. These are the days each group/level is offered a practice (during week of Thanksgiving) to help you navigate through the schedule:
HOLIDAY DAYS Details:
November 16th - Normal for Bryan YMCA and Spears
YMCA, there are 2 major changes:
- RAGSDALE IS CLOSED for a High School meet on Friday, Nov 16th, those swimmers should attend FLEX Friday (see next bullet point).
- FLEX FRIDAY is backed up one hour due to a swim meet at GAC. We start at 6pm instead of 5pm, same time length.
- Normal practice times and groups at Spears/Bryan and GAC morning.
- Saturday, November 17th - Normal practice times at Bryan YMCA and also Ragsdale YMCA
- Sunday, November 18th - 12pm-1:30pm at the Bryan YMCA, Nat Prep, Nat 1, Nat 2, and Senior groups only.
- Monday, November 19th - Normal practice times at all sites
- Tuesday, November 20th- Normal Practice times at all sites
November 21st- Several Options:
- Spears/Ragsdale are NORMAL
- Bryan YMCA is NORMAL except no 7:15-8:30 Mako-Fit (come instead 6:00-7:15pm) and no 7:30-8:30 Makos (come instead 6:30-7:30).
- GAC times for Nat Prep, Nat 1, Nat 2, and
Senior Groups Only:
- 8:15-10am - Short Course
- 3pm-5pm - Long Course (dryland DURING swim)
- Thursday, November 22nd - No Practices - HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Please consider volunteering at the Greensboro Gobbler on behalf of GCY, click here for the volunteer link page!
23rd - This is our Swim-a-Thon
Practice, light snacks and chocolate milk will be
- One Practice at GAC Only,
ALL levels - Practice Distance will count for OUR
- 12:30-1:30pm - Age Group, Makos 1, Makos 2, Makos Fit, and Homeschool
- 1:30-3:30pm - Sr Prep, National Prep, National 1, and National 2
- One Practice at GAC Only, ALL levels - Practice Distance will count for OUR SWIM-A-THON fundraiser!
- One Practice at
GAC Only, ALL levels - Practice Distance will ALSO count
- 12:00-1:00pm - Age Group, Makos 1, Makos 2, Makos Fit, and Homeschool
- 1:00-3:00pm - Sr Prep, National Prep, National 1, and National
- One Practice at GAC Only, ALL levels - Practice Distance will ALSO count for OUR SWIM-A-THON fundraiser!
- One Practice at
- 10:30am-12:30pm - Sr Prep, National Prep, National 1, and National 2 (dryland DURING swim)
- One Practice at GAC Only
Visiting Swimmers - Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with finding most appropriate practices!
JUNIOR MAKOS: There are no Jr Makos practices the week of Thanksgiving!
DRYLAND TRADITION: Dryland is normal when at host site, Special GAC practices will be mostly swimming, please arrive 15 minutes prior to stretch. High School and above we'd like for you to get in dryland by participating in the most appropriate fitness class offferings at your host site with a few of your friends/family, links below have the full fitness schedules:
High Schoolers-We REALLY want you to do this, these will benefit you immensely!
Here are some GREAT workouts for those of you that will be out-of-town with no access to any organized practices, these are meant for the Sr Prep and Up levels, but can be modified for any level:
- CRAZY 8's
- Adjustable Weekend Workout
- Stroke Specific
- Cocoa Beach Classic
- Good Kick Specific Workout
- Almond Joy IM Set (Sunday tentative plan!)
GOING OUT OF TOWN AND WANT TO TRAIN WITH A LOCAL USA SWIM CLUB? We can help, we'll call for you to get you the GREEN light to keep TRAINING FAST!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - WE ARE OFFERING A BUNCH BECAUSE WE KNOW YOUR SCHEDULES WILL VARY GREATLY - ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY BUT DON'T FORGET ABOUT DECEMBER CHAMPS!