December 10, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ON OUTSTANDING RESULTS!
Last week, 6 of our National Focus Group athletes attended USA Swimming’s Winter Junior Nationals meet in Texas. Congrats to the following swimmers: Delaney Boulden, Lance Godard, Abby Karl, Caleb Musser, Harry Tjaden, and Daniel Worth. Not only did we take 5 new athletes to this meet this year, we had more individual qualifiers and the only relay event as compared to other teams across Missouri Valley! Daniel placed in 3 of his individual events: 5th in the 100 breast, 11th in 400 IM, and 13th in the 200 breast!
At last weekend’s Winter Classic meet, our swimmers posted some incredible results:
- On Saturday, 70% of our morning swims went back to finals!
- On Sunday, 61% of our morning swims went back to finals!
- New time standards achieved
- 9 new Champs Bonus times
- 18 new Champs times
- 3 new Sectional times
- 23 new “A” times
- 17 new “AA” times
- 13 new “AAA” times
- 3 new “AAAA” times
- Congratulations to Dominic Damico on winning high point honors in the 13-14 boys age group!
- We won the meet! While that was not necessarily the stated goal, by doing our best, the win was ours!
Two weeks ago, our team romped at the Winter Qualifier event:
- 74 athletes entered
- 26 new qualifying times for Winter Classic meet
- 42 1st or 2nd place finishes (which then qualified swimmers for Winter Classic meet)
- 30 new Districts times
- 25 new Champs Bonus times
- 7 new Champs times
- 7 new “A” times
At every level, our swimmers have had an excellent season so far, and we have many more exciting things to look forward to the rest of this season! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!