June 6, 2018
Every Trident (especially the Senior and Junior Groups) should be eating two bananas per day throughout the summer. These wonderful fruits will help you recover from your training sessions. Quicker recover helps you to perform better in the next workout. The more workouts you swim fast, the better chance of a peak performance at your swim competitions.
- Bananas are America’s #1 fruit.
- The average American consumes over 28 pounds of bananas each year.
- Over 96% of American households purchase bananas at least once each month.
- Bananas are a good source of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.
- Bananas have no fat, cholesterol or sodium.
- Bananas are great for athletic and fitness activity because they replenish necessary carbohydrates, glycogen and body fluids burned during exercise.
- There is no such thing as a banana tree. Bananas grow on plants.
- Bananas are not grown commercially in the
continentalUnited States. They are grown in Latin and South America from countries like Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, Honduras, Panama and Guatemala.
- Bananas are available all year-round. They are harvested every day of the year.
- 3 medium size bananas weigh approximately 1 pound.