December 30, 2018
RHS Practice Groups
Group 1 Tuesday and Thursday 10:00-11:30 AM
G1 Elite Monday 9:15-11:30 AM
Group 2 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:15-11:30
NPHS Practice Groups
Group 1 Wednesday and Thursday 11:30 AM-1:00 PM CST
Group 2 Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:45 AM-1:00 PM CST
Practice Notes: No practice Tuesday at NPHS. No practice at Riley on Friday due to IA Meet. All NP swimmers and parents are to enter the building through door S6. NP swimmers are welcome to attend their corresponding groups practices at Riley.
IA Meet January 4th-6th Rolfs Aquatic Center, Notre Dame
I have attached our entry. Parents please write your swimmers event numbers and events on their hands/arms. The 11 and over swimmers will be responsible for determining if they qualify for finals. The results will be posted around the pool and most likely on meet mobile. Swimmers should not leave the pool after prelims until they know for sure if they have or have not qualified. If a swimmer qualifies for finals they will be expected to swim.
Here is a message from the IA staff about somethings to expect this weekend.
- The NHL Winter Classic is this coming Tuesday at Notre Dame Stadium, and piggy-backing off that will be the Notre Dame vs Michigan outdoor hockey game on Saturday, 1/5. These 2 events will be creaing a great deal of traffic on campus from Wednesday through the weekend. We have worked with ND Parking Services on the best course of action for swim meet parking and they have dedicated at least part of the Bulla Lot (located at the corner of Twyckenham and Bulla) for swim meet parking. They have also provided us with a parking pass that ALL swim meet traffic must use. I have attached a pdf of the parking pass to this email. Please pass this on to all families that will be attending the meet. There will be a shuttle running from the Bulla lot to Gate 4/5 of the Joyce Center (the pool entrance is Gate 5 and is the only entrance to be used for the entire meet). Meet patrons can choose to walk (about 5 minutes) or ride the shuttle. I do not have an answer as to whether or not swimmers will be able to be dropped off as the access to the road need for dropoff by gate 5 has been limited for 2 weeks already. If I get an update on that, I will pass word on, but at this point, I would say that swimmer dropoff is doubtful.
- I have attached a pdf of the psych sheet as of changes through today. Psych sheets and heat sheets will be free on Meet Mobile for spectators. We will print heat sheets for coaches and posting on deck only.
- On Friday evening, the girls pool is scheduled to go 90 minutes longer than the boys pool. We will move some of the girls 1650 Freestyles to the boys pool to help cut into that time difference and get everyone out earlier. We will make that decision after scratches on Friday. Please report to the coaches meeting at 4:45 PM on Friday in the glass classroom just off the pool deck.
- 10 & Under warmups will begin at 11:00 AM Saturday and Sunday. We will have at least one of the pools completed by that point each day and the warm up will begin in the open pool. Once the prelim session finishes in the other pool, that will also open for 10 & Under warm up.
- If you have any officials that will be in attendance at the meet who will be willing to officiate at one or more sessions, sould you please have them email me and let me know what sessions they are available so we can plan accordingly.
Here are the pertinent times for this weekend's meet.
Friday events #1-#10
Doors open 3:45
Warm-ups 13 and over 4:00-4:25 (our swimmers should be on deck by 3:50)
Warm-ups 12 and under 4:25-4:45 (our swimmers should be on deck by 4:00)
Meet Starts 5:00
Saturday and Sunday Pre-lims-11 and over swimmers
Doors open 6:45
Warm-ups 7:00-7:45 (our swimmers should be on deck by 6:50)
Meet Starts 8:00
Saturday and Sunday-10 and under swimmers
Warm-ups 11:00-11:45 (our swimmers should be on deck by 10:45)
Meet Starts 12:00
Saturday and Sunday Finals
Warm-ups 4:00-4:45 (our swimmers should be on deck by 4:00)
Meet Starts 5:00
A Group 2 or Group 3 annual membership plus all the other associated fees with our membership -- spirit wear, meet surcharges, technology fees, concession stand/hospitality fees, USA Swimming-- is approximately $550 for an entire year. (A Group 1 annual membership is about $100 less.) If you were able to sell two of the Premiere+ adds it could easily pay for a whole year of swimming including meet entry fees!
Selling a one year ad to one company could earn you anywhere from $50 to almost $500. Here is the link for more information. Another easy way to earn credit for your swim club account is to hang our recruiting posters out in the public. For every poster you hang you will receive a $5 credit up to $25. Once you hang the poster post a pic of it on your Facebook page (or other social site) and tag the club.
Fall and Winter Meet Schedule/Dates of Meet/Location/Deadline to commit
Below is our fall/winter meet schedule. Swimmers wanting to compete will need to commit to those meets. The deadlines are based on deadlines that were set last year. They may change once the meet hosts posts the meet information. When committing to multiple day meets please leave a message in the available notes section of what days you would like to attend. Meets marked with an * are meets that require swimmers to meet certain time standards. All pool locations can be found on our website under the "Pools" tab
SBSC Intra-Squad/Tuesday October 2nd/Riley High School
NCISC Fall Sprint Meet/Saturday October 6th/Riley High School/OUR RESULTS
Dual Vs. CON/Saturday October 13th/Concord High School/OUR RESULTS
NASA Sprint Meet/Saturday & Sunday Nov. 3rd and 4th/Northridge High School/OUR RESULTS
SWAC Prelims-Finals/Friday-Sunday Nov. 16th-18th/HPB Natatorium, Ft. Wayne/OUR RESULTS
LCB Winter Blast/Friday-Sunday Nov.30th-Dec.2nd/Lake Central High School/OUR RESULTS
DUNE Rumble/Saturday December 15th/Chesterton High School/OUR RESULTS
IA TW Invite/Friday-Sunday January 4th-6th/Notre Dame/Results coming soon
CON IMxtreme/Friday-Sunday January 18th-20th/Concord High School/entry sent
NCISC Champs/Saturday February 9th/Riley High School/Sunday January 27
CON Last Chance/Friday-Sunday February 22nd-24th/Concord High School/Sunday January 27
*IN Divisional Champs/Friday-Sunday Mar. 1st-3rd/TBD/Sunday 2-17
*IN Age Group State/Friday-Sunday Mar. 8th-10th/IUPUI/Sunday 3-3
*IN Senior State/Friday-Sunday Mar. 15th-17th/TBD/Sunday 3-3
*Speedo Sectionals/Thursday-Sunday Mar. 28th-31st/IUPUI/Sunday 3-10
As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
South Bend Swim Club
South Bend Riley High School