January 7, 2019
Welcome back to a full week of back-to-everything!
A few quick news items:
- If you do not have your 3 YMCA sessions done yet, there are 2 more chances. January 13th at Stoney Creek High School (contact Allen Pan at email@example.com if you need to register for this meet) and February 2nd in Saginaw (sign up here). If you still need to get the three Y meet sessions in, you MUST attend these one-day meets or you will not be eligible for ANY championship meets!
- Senior and Gold practices
are at Harrison this Thursday, January
- Senior – 6:00-8:00pm
- Gold – 6:00-7:30pm
- Arena Tech suit fittings will be Monday, January 14 from 7-8:30pm at North Farmington.
- Indy swimmers/parents, please be sure to RSVP to Dannette Mateyak regarding team dinner options.
- We will be rolling out the job signup for the Clusters Championship (February 9-10) that we host. Just like with our December Meet, each family will be required to volunteer for a minimum of two volunteer slots. Stay tuned for info!
This week in the pool:
Bronze/Miniray - we will do a little review of the strokes and drills that we have gone over to this point. We will continue to emphasize finishes and streamline with these groups.
will spend significant time this week reviewing technique and
racing skills for all four strokes. We will pay special attention
to our underwater body dolphins as we prepare to "add one" starting
next week. Main sets will pick up where they left off, and test
sets will recommence with 100's – get ready to swim fast!
Remember to bring your gear bags and water bottles to EVERY
practice, as these things are required equipment. If you require an
inhaler, please do have it on deck with you during practice from
here on out.
Senior/Gold - we began the intensity portion of the training progression over the Holiday Break. We will continue with that phase for the next couple of weeks. Monday & Friday is Dryland for Gold; Tuesday is Dryland for Senior.
Things to ask your swimmer:
- Do you have your three YMCA Meet sessions yet?
- Are you working hard and getting excited for February Championship season?