January 10, 2019
The athlete application for the 2019 National Diversity Select Camp is now open! Applications must be received by USA Swimming headquarters by Friday, February 8th, 2019 at 5 p.m. Mountain Time. The application to be on the coaching staff is also open. Camp staff applications must be received by Friday, February 8th, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Each spring, USA Swimming invites 48 athletes from underrepresented populations to participate in a three-day camp program which includes pool training, motivational and education sessions and team-building activities. Selection is based on times swum at USA Swimming sanctioned events.
U.S. Olympic Training Center (OTC), Colorado Springs, CO
May 2-5, 2019. Athletes will arrive on Thursday and depart on Sunday morning.
Instill a vision of success and inspire athletes from ethnically under-represented populations to become leaders in the sport of swimming.
To empower athletes from ethnically under-represented populations and their coaches to:
- Demonstrate the viability of multicultural success in swimming.
- Achieve performance excellence at every level of the sport.
- Expound the benefits and value of participating in the sport of swimming.
- Assist in recruiting more swimmers and coaches from diverse ethnicities to the sport of swimming.
- Be positive leaders and role models that others from multicultural backgrounds can emulate.
More information about the camp; as well as, the applications
for athletes and coaches can be found here: https://www.usaswimming.org/