January 13, 2019
Our team performed well this weekend, both in the water and on deck. We had the most swimmers entered in the meet and we had over 40 volunteers from our team stepping up and making this event possible. A huge THANK YOU goes to Angela Heaphy for meet directing and working computers and finalizing results. And thank you to Jill Blackstone for being meet referee, Sarah and Ana in hospitality, all the countless people officiating, timing, learning to officiate/shadowing, computer people, and brave souls helping with the little kids. Thank you!
Here are a few bullet points to consider:
- Over 60 CAC swimmers participated in the meet
- 57 new/improved Age Group Championship qualifying times were achieved (check "Qualified Athletes Tab" on our site to see who is currently qualified for which meets and events).
- 5 new/improved Senior Championship qualifying times were achieved.
- 21 new/improved Junior Olympics qualifying times were achieved
- 103 of 176 swims resulted in personnal records (does not include first swims or no times)
- New Team Record: Anna Keen broke her own record in the 11-12 50 breast lowering the mark to: 35.85
- New Team Record: Jimmy Blackstone eclipsed his brother Reid's 400 IM (15 and over) record by .02 for a new mark of: 4:31.04.
- Blue team shirts were seen everywhere!
- Our team had over 40 volunteers on deck.
We now move on to Championship meets. Senior Champs is in Homer and in a few weeks (entries due tomorrow) and Age Groups is just around the corner (in one month) and we need to bring our best effort to these meets. We will need to have as many swimmers and volunteers on deck as possible for Age Groups. It is here, in Anchorage, at the Bartlett Pool. Plan to be there. FEBRUARY 15-17th. Bartlett Pool. Check out the qualified athletes link below.
- Meet Results
- Age Group Qualifying Times
- Senior Champs Qualifying Times
- Junior Olympics Qualifying Times
- CAC Records
Thanks to all who came to the meet. Keep up the hard work and teamwork.
To celebrate- COME TO THE TEAM PARTY THIS TUESDAY at Bartlett, 5-7pm. OPEN TO EVERYONE!