January 15, 2019
EXCUSED ABSENCE POLICY
From the Team Handbook (page 29):
- Excused absences are only granted for medical illness and injury, health related issues, or family emergencies. These must be communicated to your child's primary Coach in advance or within 24 hours of the missed workout(s).
- Academic or other extracurricular conflicts are not granted as an excused absence.
- If your child has a pro-longed injury, such as a broken bone, we do ask for a doctor's note and to keep your Coach(es) updated throughout the recovery if you are looking for excused absences for the entire period.
- If you child has a chronic health issue, we ask that you send us a doctor's note explaining the situation, and communicate with us in advance or within 24 hours of when your child will be absent due to those conditions.
Any absences not communicated within 24 hours are subject to approval. Sufficient evidence must be presented to the Coaches but does not guarantee approval by the team.
Pool Closure for Maintenance
We understand that during the closure some families may have problems attending their contingency location and/or practice time. If this is the case for you and your family, and you wish to recieve an excused absence during this period, YOU MUST NOTIFY YOUR CHILD'S PRIMARY COACH WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE MISSED PRACTICE. Those who do not notify their primary Coach within 24 hours are subject to the policy above.
For those who wish to attend another site's practice other than their locations new designation time and place, parents must recieve permission from the primary coach of the group at the location they are trying to attend. THOSE WHO DO NOT RECIEVE PERMISSION MAY BE UNABLE TO ATTEND PRACTICE WITH THAT GROUP. All the coaches reserve the right to not allow drop-in swimmers from other sites, even when prior notification is given due to space and availability of the pool. See below for the policy:
From the Team Handbook (page 30):
- If you wish to attend another site’s practice on a weekday, you must receive permission from the primary coach of the group in which you are trying to attend. All coaches reserve the right to not allow drop-in swimmers from other sites.
All Groups will be welcome at the Saturday Practices at H.D. Woodson during the closure of Takoma.