January 25, 2019
WTSC Groundhog Invite – Good luck to all WTSC swimmers and thank you to all WTSC parents and families for your time and energy as we get ready to host another awesome WTSC event, the Groundhog Invitational (January 25-27 @ NC). The kids are primed to swim fast and defend their home pool! And our parent group has once again answered the call to host. Below is some important meet info prior to hitting the water tonight.
· Friday Schedule (all ages) – 4:45pm warmups; 5:30pm start
· Saturday & Sunday (all ages) – 8am warmups; 9am start
· Team Uniform – Team suits or plain black suits. Any color WTSC caps you want! Additional caps are available from the coaches.
· Worker Shifts – Please visit the meet page on our website for details regarding your shifts for the weekend. And once again: Thank you for working. WTSC has a great reputation as a meet host and that is because of you, our parents.
· Team Spirit – This meet features all swimmers together in the same session, making for friendly timelines and a great opportunity to show some team spirit. Make some noise for each other and let’s have a great TEAM effort this weekend. GO WTSC!
Northside Invite – Our final regular season meet is fast approaching, the Northside Invite (February 15 @ NC; February 16-17 @ Carmel HS). WTSC will once again host the Friday night distance events, with Carmel Swim Club hosting the Saturday & Sunday events this season. Event signups for both sessions are now available on our website, and orders of events and warmup schedules for both sessions have been posted. Our in-house commitment deadline for both sessions of the meet is February 1. Please note that if your swimmer(s) intend to swim both sessions, you must signup on both respective meet pages. Unlike other WTSC hosted events, our swimmers will NOT be pre-committed to the Friday night session. We will need some parent help to run the Friday night session. If your swimmer(s) will be participating on Friday night – or even if they’re not! – please visit the job signup to fill one of the available shifts. Please contact a member of the coaching staff if you have questions about this event.
Team Calendar – An updated team calendar has been posted on the club website, with training information as of next week through the end of the season. There are some changes to the schedule for next week – the week of January 28 – from the previously published schedule. Next week is a busy week for high school meets. There will be no club practice on Tuesday, January 29 (NC dual meet versus Lawrence North), Thursday, January 31 (Girls Sectional Prelims) and Saturday, February 2 (Girls Sectional finals). Due to the busy high school schedule next week, we will offer practice on Monday, January 28. These meets are the final hosted high school meets of the season, FYI. Please follow the posted practice calendar closely. Any changes due to weather or other circumstances will be communicated via email ASAP.
Lifeguarding Class – In March, NC will host a class for anyone interested in becoming a lifeguard and/or that needs their certifications renewed. The dates, times and contact information are as follows:
· Friday, March 8: 6-9pm
· Saturday & Sunday, March 9 & 10: 10am-6pm
· Contact Lisa Ruxer (317-626-5393) for cost and additional information
Guest Swimmers – As you have certainly observed, NC is a busy place these days, with swimmers from Brebeuf, Bishop Chatard and Carmel Swim Club all utilizing space at NC to train. Please be courteous and welcoming to our guests and encourage your swimmers to maintain that courtesy in the locker rooms and hallways.